Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: WTF? (Read 45 times)

onemile

Yeah last June you didn't even run at all (or very little) and killed it 5 months later.

Right. And the year before that I took a 2 week vacation.  So.. I decided June really doesn't matter.  Now if I'm not feeling good in a month...

DavePNW

I am not sure how many more of the stupid things I can train for so each time I line up for one, I am going to run like it is my last.

Yeah I sort of figure my body is going to break down at some point and I won't be able to do them anymore.

In general every season the main challenge is just to get to race day without being injured at the wrong time.

onemile, at least you have time on your side, more so than some of us....

Dave

LRB

Quick break for lunch.  How is everybody?

Been meaning to ask are you in SC on business or marathon?

LRB

Right. And the year before that I took a 2 week vacation.  So.. I decided June really doesn't matter.  Now if I'm not feeling good in a month...

You would have needed to take some time off or cutback your mileage before you can apply that rule.

Maybe in the coming weeks.

LRB

Yeah I sort of figure my body is going to break down at some point and I won't be able to do them anymore.

In general every season the main challenge is just to get to race day without being injured at the wrong time.

Rule #1 of MRT(not really, just some shit I made up); Get to the starting corral in one piece.

onemile

You would have needed to take some time off or cutback your mileage before you can apply that rule.

Maybe in the coming weeks.

I'd take more time off if I thought it would help!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

LRB and onemile, what marathon will you guys be training for again?

Lauren, I LOVE weight lifting and will try to tough it out as long as I can. I think a one day of complete rest will help, along with no weight lifting on Wednesday during my MLR. Due to my life, I have to go to the gym immediately after finishing my run which so far has worked out well for me Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I just ASU at Shake Shack. Now I have to run after work, cause there were lots of calories. But so worth it, especially the frozen custard with cheesecake & brownie bits.

onemile

I think we are all training for the same one. 

LRB

I'd take more time off if I thought it would help!

You said it yourself, there was reduced mileage in June of '13 and '14. This year there was not and you have been complaining of dead legs, low energy etc. the entire month of June. 

Why can't you (or won't you) see it? Do I have to face palm dat ass? Because I will you know. lol

Ric-G

I had the same question....

Probably zero miles today...been warm here and have not wanted to get up early and run...anyway, have a great day everyone and happy john the baptist day to our friends in quebec...

jay - i didn't think you needed a freezer in buffalo

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

FFS.

onemile

You said it yourself, there was reduced mileage in June of '13 and '14. This year there was not and you have been complaining of dead legs, low energy etc. the entire month of June. 

Why can't you (or won't you) see it? Do I have to face palm dat ass? Because I will you know. lol

But I did that all of May!

LRB

I had the same question....

You might not have known but she should have. Monumental, 11.7.15.

From the Internet.

Lauren, I LOVE weight lifting and will try to tough it out as long as I can. I think a one day of complete rest will help, along with no weight lifting on Wednesday during my MLR. Due to my life, I have to go to the gym immediately after finishing my run which so far has worked out well for me Smile

That all sounds like a good plan then Smile I only cut back during taper for my HM, and plan to do the same for the marathon. As long as you're backing off a little when you're tired, I think it's feasible to try to keep it up as long as possible.