Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: WTF? (Read 45 times)

DavePNW

Rule #1 of MRT(not really, just some shit I made up); Get to the starting corral in one piece.

The most important rule, but the toughest to follow.

Dave

LRB

But I did that all of May!

Marathon recovery doesn't count. lol

Take a look at what's left before training for IIM begins in earnest, and try to fit some off days or reduced mileage days in there and you should see a difference.

Your base is solid so there should be no loss of fitness whatsoever in doing so.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Run/Walk after work yesterday around my neighborhood and in the park adjacent to my neighborhood.  A little after 5 pm and a nice 'cool' 90 degrees out there.  Got in 3.3 miles before I retreated back into the A/C of my house.   Today after work, more of the same, but will do my run/walk in a park downtown that has lots of nice shade trees along the trails, making it feel a bit cooler.  At least mentally anyway.

RIP to one of my local running club members, Gerry Kaylor, who died very unexpectedly (heart attack)...he was only 55 years old.  Super nice guy and a runner in the San Antonio community from way back.  Very well known in our local running community.  He will be missed.

Gerry Chauvin Kaylor

August 14, 1959 - June 17, 2015

Gerry Chauvin Kaylor

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On a lighter note...

Today is Celebrate The Senses Day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

onemile

Marathon recovery doesn't count. lol

Take a look at what's left before training for IIM begins in earnest, and try to fit some off days or reduced mileage days in there and you should see a difference.

Your base is solid so there should be no loss of fitness whatsoever in doing so.

I also took 2 down weeks the last week of may / 1st week of June to try to improve things.    But I'd be happy to take more down time if I thought it would help.  I just don't know.

LRB

I also took 2 down weeks the last week of may / 1st week of June to try to improve things.    But I'd be happy to take more down time if I thought it would help.  I just don't know.

Run a report from January '13 till now. View it in weeks and you will see it.

DavePNW

Run a report from January '13 till now. View it in weeks and you will see it.

LRB has a better handle on all of our training logs than we do. You don't want to challenge him on that.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Are you back home?

Yes. I didn't run at all while traveling, other than the half.

Now, I'm back to a 4-day/week running routine, and trying to dig myself out from what happens when you leave home and work behind for 10 days. :P

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think we are all training for the same one. 

Lol I thought so 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You might not have known but she should have. Monumental, 11.7.15.

I just wanted to make sure damn it 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Run/Walk after work yesterday around my neighborhood and in the park adjacent to my neighborhood.  A little after 5 pm and a nice 'cool' 90 degrees out there.  Got in 3.3 miles before I retreated back into the A/C of my house.   Today after work, more of the same, but will do my run/walk in a park downtown that has lots of nice shade trees along the trails, making it feel a bit cooler.  At least mentally anyway.

RIP to one of my local running club members, Gerry Kaylor, who died very unexpectedly (heart attack)...he was only 55 years old.  Super nice guy and a runner in the San Antonio community from way back.  Very well known in our local running community.  He will be missed.

Gerry Chauvin Kaylor

Gerry Chauvin Kaylor

Sorry to hear that Scotty 

PRs

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.37 with 6 x 5 minutes tempo with 1 minute rest. I was really worried that I was going to be doing glute squeezes on this run after my huge lunch, thankfully didn't need to. 

Scotty, sorry to read about your friend.

Scotty, sorry to hear that.

happylily

Oh Scotty... That's way too young. :-(

I ran 14 miles

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Been meaning to ask are you in SC on business or marathon?

Eh, business.  We are in the 100s, just like in Miami, no one would consider having a marathon this time of year.  Ha.

Damaris