Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #224 (Read 27 times)

LRB

Dunkin's coffee is extremely thin, like a single drip of creamer turns it biege. It's weird. Tim Horton's might as well be water. Whatever the brand is at Mc Donald's is actually okay.

onemile

I will drink Dunkin if it is my only option.  Gas station coffee tends to be better.  Starbucks is great because I can order my Americano with five shots of espresso and they don't think twice about it.  If I order that from a locally owned coffee shop, they look at me like I have three heads.

do you pay extra for each additional shot?

DavePNW

Oh yeah.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

The large from Starbucks comes with four shots.  I pay 95 cents for the extra shot, and $4.35 total for the drink.

$4.35 for a cup of coffee.  

<3

onemile

The large from Starbucks comes with four shots.  I pay 95 cents for the extra shot, and $4.35 total for the drink.

$4.35 for a cup of coffee.  

oh, I was thinking it came with 2 shots and you were getting 3 extra (I don't Starbucks)

10, two loops of Burke lake Plus a little , it’s gently wavy, no real hills, no steep pitch bumps.  Slow as I could go.

wife got me a new shirt

LRB

I ran 6.

I had wanted to run 7 or 8 but ran out of time despite waking up before 5:00 am. 

It was super grey and dark and not all that warm but still sticky and icky. A pretty stiff westerly wind felt great for portions of it but shortly after I turned east after mile 4 my suddenly drenched singlet clamped down on me like insta-wrap and that entire mile was suffocating. 

sdWhiskers

the 11's are better than the 12's.  I am curious about the 13's but not $130 curious

I like the 12s better. Just "feel better" to me but as you all know, I don't do shoes so have nothing more intelligent to say about it

sdWhiskers

We went to Yosemite a couple summers ago for the first time. Even with crowds, it was absolutely memorable and awesome. Would really like to go back and, without crowds, now sounds like a great time to be there.

With school vitrual, I see no reason why we can't come back for a week in September 

sdWhiskers

4 miles on the eastern part of the town loop. Usually run with music at home but not when traveling. Really allows for the full experience,  nonstop huuuffffiiinnggg and ppppuuuufffiinng that happens at 7800 ft.

KCRuns

I did iFit on the TM this morning and then a little more on my own, total 3.25 run/walk.

GinnyinPA

SD - IIRC, there is a bike path at Mammoth that goes gently uphill past several waterfalls out to some trailheads. I had the thought that it would be nice to run. Or run the trail over to the PCT.

onemile

I like the 12s better. Just "feel better" to me but as you all know, I don't do shoes so have nothing more intelligent to say about it

it's all personal preference. to me the 11's feel less bulky but softer which I like.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think we talked a few weeks ago about the Reykjavik Marathon as still going forward. Nope.

Damaris

DavePNW

I think we talked a few weeks ago about the Reykjavik Marathon as still going forward. Nope.

Thanks for the report! I think I mentioned I know a guy who was registered for it, and he’s been training his ass off. He was happy that it looked like it was happening, but then bummed that they wouldn’t likely allow Americans in. So now he’s feeling...??? Not in any way surprised I guess. 

Dave