Beginners and Beyond

FWIW: FriDAILIES (Read 39 times)

onemile

It's too frickin' long to type, but there is this ongoing joke my Yoga Master has with me about her running marathons. Basically, she unwittingly pointed out to the class that we (meaning myself) only run marathons during odd years. While I did attempt to run a marathon in 2015 (the result of which was a DNF), she's right; I ran 2 in 2012, 1 in 2014 and 2 in 2016. That's it.

2018 NYC?

LRB

2018 NYC?

Wow, the excitement is almost too much to fathom. What an adventure that would be!! It is all kind of weird...we'll see. I'll have no less than 3 cracks at it (September, October & November) to make it happen. GULP.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Woohoo, meniscus tear.  Yay me!

I got a cortisone shot and was instructed to run on Tuesday.  I can't stand the pain that I am in now, but we'll see how it is Tuesday.  If painful, I am to consider arthroscopic surgery.  Consider as in calling the first ortho surgeon for a consult already.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I got a cortisone shot and was instructed to run on Tuesday.  I can't stand the pain that I am in now, but we'll see how it is Tuesday.  If painful, I am to consider arthroscopic surgery.  Consider as in calling the first ortho surgeon for a consult already.

That sucks. FWIW, my mom tore hers recently (not a runner, but she walks about 45 minutes to an hour daily) and was initially going to opt for the surgery, but the pain subsided so she cancelled it. I think it depends on where its torn.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have not run in a week and the pain has not subsided not even one bit.  And not sure I want to wait just in case, though.  She did say by Tuesday the shot will let me know if it will work or not, so I can wait until then.

The good thing is that I can run without doing any damage.  It just hurts too much so I won't.

Damaris

LRB

I think DavePKneebone has/had that.

So hubby was right huh?

LRB

I have not run in a week and the pain has not subsided not even one bit.  And not sure I want to wait just in case, though.  She did say by Tuesday the shot will let me know if it will work or not, so I can wait until then.

The good thing is that I can run without doing any damage.  It just hurts too much so I won't.

Once that shot settles up in there you shouldn't feel a thing, or so I've been told.

From the Internet.

Ahh that sucks! :C

From the Internet.

Recovery double day. Did 4 this morning, will do another 4-5 after I get home.

Researching cars! Fun times, kinda! Big grin I'm making a spreadsheet. My '05 is the love of my life but I commute a lot and husband has suggested that maybe we should replace it soon. I need cargo space, AWD, and a manual transmission, which is a surprisingly hard combination to find. I'm more willing to compromise on space than anything else but I expect husband will want me to compromise on the stick shift aspect of things. No thank you.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Researching cars! Fun times, kinda! Big grin I'm making a spreadsheet. My '05 is the love of my life but I commute a lot and husband has suggested that maybe we should replace it soon. I need cargo space, AWD, and a manual transmission, which is a surprisingly hard combination to find. I'm more willing to compromise on space than anything else but I expect husband will want me to compromise on the stick shift aspect of things. No thank you.

That has Subaru written all over it.

Runner with a riding problem.

From the Internet.

The only thing that really fits my bill is the Forester. Maybe the Crosstrek. We already have a WRX and it seems silly to get a second one when we don't really use its performance capabilities anymore.

I really just want my current Subaru to last forever and ever ('05 Outback with turbo and manual transmission - they only made them for a few years) but that won't happen Sad

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

+1

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I've owned a few sticks in my day but had about enough of them with that last one. I drive way too often for any of that nonsense anymore, it takes the fun out of it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

+2. The Legacy has all sorts of room.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

The only thing that really fits my bill is the Forester. Maybe the Crosstrek. We already have a WRX and it seems silly to get a second one when we don't really use its performance capabilities anymore.

I really just want my current Subaru to last forever and ever ('05 Outback with turbo and manual transmission - they only made them for a few years) but that won't happen Sad

It would never be silly to get a WRX.  I'm on my second Impreza, and the next will be the turbo version.

Runner with a riding problem.