Beginners and Beyond

Where are the WednesDAILIES? (Read 49 times)

Hip Redux

Getting an MRI is a little like being frozen in suspended animation, surrounded by the sounds of a sci-fi space battle.
    On a related note, nodding off in the middle of those sound effects might be a sign you need a little more sleep. Zzzzz

I always thought it was gremlins in the machine working on building something in there.  CLANK BANG CLANK CLANK

From the Internet.

MRIs always make me sleepy. I've been in once to rule out a tibial stress fracture and a bunch of other times for various studies (there's an MR facility in the building where I work), my first time was for an anatomical study and I got to watch a soothing movie about the ocean for an hour and a half. I think I just associate it with being calm and sleepy now.

StepbyStep-SH

I always thought it was gremlins in the machine working on building something in there.  CLANK BANG CLANK CLANK

I think it was because my eyes were closed, and I was getting weird outer-space type visual effects, too, as I stared at the backs of my eyelids and zoned.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

MRIs always make me sleepy. I've been in once to rule out a tibial stress fracture and a bunch of other times for various studies (there's an MR facility in the building where I work), my first time was for an anatomical study and I got to watch a soothing movie about the ocean for an hour and a half. I think I just associate it with being calm and sleepy now.

Wow. Not sure I could stay that still for 90 minutes! As it was, I kept nodding off and my arms were doing little "sleep jerks."

LRB

I would live and die 12 lifetimes after 90 seconds and you were in there 90 minutes?! That is waaaaay too long to be trapped in an enclosed space!

That would be ugly! I can just hear it now, "GET ME THE

**** UP OUTTA THIS THING, NOW!!" lol

Hip Redux

Cool story out of Boston:  linky

Hip Redux

I would live and die 12 lifetimes after 90 seconds and you were in there 90 minutes?! That is waaaaay too long to be trapped in an enclosed space!

That would be ugly! I can just hear it now, "GET ME THE

**** UP OUTTA THIS THING, NOW!!" lol

My hip MRA was 45 minutes and they taped my feet together.   About 15 minutes in, they started to fall asleep.  The next 30 minutes was spent telling myself over and over "ignore your feet, it's almost over".

LRB

My hip MRA was 45 minutes and they taped my feet together.   About 15 minutes in, they started to fall asleep.  The next 30 minutes was spent telling myself over and over "ignore your feet, it's almost over".

Ugh!

LRB

Cool story out of Boston:  linky

"Hillman, 44, who is a district manager for Rodney Strong Wine Estates, is from Lincoln, Massachusetts."

Wine? My hero! 

StepbyStep-SH

No good. The leg they were scanning was comfortable, but my other one was at an odd angle and my quad kept threatening to cramp. And luckily mine only took about 25-30 minutes.

cjones1

Thanks everybody for the welcome!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That sucks, Oski.

6 miles done. I couldn't breathe as I got a strong headwind for the whole run.  Hoping my breathing is OK for tomorrow's MP run.

Damaris

Cyberic

Hi Dailies.

My 9 miles tempo run went very well yesterday.  I averaged 7:23 for the 5 mile push, 7:59 including the 4 miles of warm up and cool down.  5 recovery miles later.

Werd.

Nice run Jack. What is that pace (7:20-7:25)? Your marathon pace? This doesn't look like a Daniels tempo run. What program are you following?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Nice run Jack. What is that pace (7:20-7:25)? Your marathon pace? This doesn't look like a Daniels tempo run. What program are you following?

Thanks. I wish that was my mp. Actually, it's my HMP. I am following the Pfitz 18/55 plan and I'm in week 4. Maybe 5? I had some success with it so I thought I'd try it again.

Cyberic

Thanks. I wish that was my mp. Actually, it's my HMP. I am following the Pfitz 18/55 plan and I'm in week 4. Maybe 5? I had some success with it so I thought I'd try it again.

Ok. You've just reminded me that I wanted to re-read Pfitz, his paces and his plans. It was the first running book I ever read, when I knew f**k all about running. I figured that if I read what the pros were reading, it probably would help me understand how to train properly right from the start. I ordered Pfitz and Hansons. Read both of them when I couldn't even run 6 consecutive miles Smile