Beginners and Beyond

Where are the WednesDAILIES? (Read 49 times)

Hi, all. I hope that everyone is well.

I've been having breathing trouble again this winter. Worse than last year. I haven't run since New Year's Day.

I'm not running Jerusalem this year. I'll still go to Israel, but for Passover. Right now, I'm happy to be able to briskly walk for half an hour.

My new goal is to do an HM in May. G-d help me.

LRB

Hi, all. I hope that everyone is well.

I've been having breathing trouble again this winter. Worse than last year. I haven't run since New Year's Day.

I'm not running Jerusalem this year. I'll still go to Israel, but for Passover. Right now, I'm happy to be able to briskly walk for half an hour.

My new goal is to do an HM in May. G-d help me.

Hi! Enjoy your trip!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights. Had the in-laws come for dinner, so it threw my evening off.

I can see drifting off in the MRI tube. I *had* to keep my eyes closed. If I couldn't see the enclosed space, it didn't bother me.

Zelanie

Basya, sorry that you're having trouble with your breathing.  Hope that you're able to get past it soon.

B-Plus

I did some strength work. I don't mean my Hansonsesque strength, but down on my ass working the body strength.

delicate flower

Got a massage after skiing tonight.  Massage Girl says "You're a runner" and I was all "Yaaaay!" and she says "and you don't stretch" and I was all "ohhhh."

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Got a massage after skiing tonight.  Massage Girl says "You're a runner" and I was all "Yaaaay!" and she says "and you don't stretch" and I was all "ohhhh."

LMAO!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

I don't think stretching matters. They can spot runner hamstrings from a mile away.

Dave

Hi dailies:

Basya - hope your breathing improves

6.25 easy.  I did 2 on the track, grabbed a TM for 30 min only (it was busy so I wanted to follow the "rules"), went back to the track to finish up, and it was mobbed with some sort of ridiculous activity. Like 25 walkers and staff putting up a sign "15 crunches" in one of the corners.  F that, I left.

Probably time to find a new gym or buy a TM.

delicate flower

I don't think stretching matters. They can spot runner hamstrings from a mile away.

She says I am tight in all the right places (an actual twss), and that my upper body is incredibly tight.  She correctly surmised that I never stretch my back, neck, and shoulders.  She spent more time working those areas than my legs and I am fine with that.

<3

LRB

Hi dailies:

Basya - hope your breathing improves

6.25 easy.  I did 2 on the track, grabbed a TM for 30 min only (it was busy so I wanted to follow the "rules"), went back to the track to finish up, and it was mobbed with some sort of ridiculous activity. Like 25 walkers and staff putting up a sign "15 crunches" in one of the corners.  F that, I left.

Probably time to find a new gym or buy a TM.

If you buy a treadmill wait until you can go top shelf or get a 10 year warranty on a second tier one.

Runners actually use our treadmills and most recreational models are not built for that.

LRB

She says I am tight in all the right places (an actual twss), and that my upper body is incredibly tight.  

You offer her a smoke when she was done? lol

Great workouts, everyone.

Phil, I envy you the massage.

I briskly walked for thirty minutes at an incline. I'll do the same in the morning.

I'll do another brisk walk in the morning, mucus permitting. I'm looking forward to going to the gym tomorrow night, so that I can attempt a few running/walking intervals.

I talked with a fellow teacher. Neither of us remembers colds and the flu hitting us as hard as this year.

Mucinex+Albuterol=FEH