Beginners and Beyond

SaturDailies (Read 33 times)

Cyberic

Summer has officially  arrived. It was HOT and HUMID here this morning. Ugh, so humid. And the sun was shiny and bright. But I got it done. The Soldier Field 10 Miler is one of my favorite races of the year! 10 miles done, 1:49:03, a 46 second PR. My legs were/are still tired from Thursday’s race, but I’m very happy with my second PR of the week 😊

Huge congrats!

Cyberic

Don't you remember when PR used to run 12 miles every single day? he's always been a nut 

I do remember. I'm not less impressed by what he does, though.

IKEA: After some discussions, the woman and I did not renew our Costco membership. We hated going there so much that either we'd scrap a day by going, or avoided it altogether. And I thought that Costco sold good stuff at a good price. IKEA? I don't like flimsy stuff. Metal so cheap that I actually broke screws with my tiny wrists while putting together something from IKEA for my MIL. Furniture that is shaky. And the traffic? And the store that you can't get out of unless you walk the 3.5 mile course? Just not for me.

sdWhiskers

Got out for 5.3 miles in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Left the house at 630am (so 430am CA time) to avoid running in >90 degrees. Did not die. DH almost did because he waited until 9 am 

Watched Black Panther on the plane yesterday. Actually watched about 20 min, had enough so flipped over to Pitch Perfect 3, then begrudgingly finished BP. Meh, did not really like it at all. Hope that doesn't get me kicked out of this forum...

Runshortii

KC - Nice job!!  I’ve always wanted to run the Soldier Field 10 miler and never have gotten around to it.

Onemile - yeah a bunch of my co workers have already gone to that new IKEA. I’ve actually never been to one.

I ran 12. Was supposed to be with 2x2 miles at 7:15 pace but I just couldn’t hold it and came in around 7:30 and bagged the second two. Still got the 12 miles in. It was a heat index of 85 and DP of 63 with full sun and sucked balls. And my legs are still sluggish from Wednesday. That’s it for all my excuses

LRB

Watched Black Panther on the plane yesterday. Actually watched about 20 min, had enough so flipped over to Pitch Perfect 3, then begrudgingly finished BP. Meh, did not really like it at all. Hope that doesn't get me kicked out of this forum...

I thought it was overrated. A nice movie for what it is, but certainly not the best ever for its genre, which is what the hype led you to believe. Now Infinity War on the other hand....

LRB

Got out for 5.3 miles in the Land of 1000 Lakes. Left the house at 630am (so 430am CA time) to avoid running in >90 degrees. Did not die. DH almost did because he waited until 9 am 

It's getting to be that time of year where my ass will need to get up and out as well. Imma call my shot right now and say good luck with that. lol

LRB

I ran 12. Was supposed to be with 2x2 miles at 7:15 pace but I just couldn’t hold it and came in around 7:30 and bagged the second two. Still got the 12 miles in. It was a heat index of 85 and DP of 63 with full sun and sucked balls. And my legs are still sluggish from Wednesday. That’s it for all my excuses

Balls are no fun unless preceded by volley, racquet, basket, foos, base or foot. lol

DavePNW

I thought it was overrated. A nice movie for what it is, but certainly not the best ever for its genre, which is what the hype led you to believe. Now Infinity War on the other hand....

I'm gonna agree. I enjoyed BP plenty, but there was a lot of talk about "best Marvel movie ever", and I'd put it middle of the pack. Whilst IW lived up to the hype.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I do remember. I'm not less impressed by what he does, though.

IKEA: After some discussions, the woman and I did not renew our Costco membership. We hated going there so much that either we'd scrap a day by going, or avoided it altogether. And I thought that Costco sold good stuff at a good price. IKEA? I don't like flimsy stuff. Metal so cheap that I actually broke screws with my tiny wrists while putting together something from IKEA for my MIL. Furniture that is shaky. And the traffic? And the store that you can't get out of unless you walk the 3.5 mile course? Just not for me.

I feel the same way about IKEA.  Flimsy and cheap stuff.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm gonna agree. I enjoyed BP plenty, but there was a lot of talk about "best Marvel movie ever", and I'd put it middle of the pack. Whilst IW lived up to the hype.

I loved it but still it wouldn't be the best Marvel movie ever for me either.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We saw Solo yesterday.  I liked it.

Damaris

Had little RR writen but I hit the "X"  Heres a shortened version

Ran the Doylestown 5k this am with my friend Vibe. It is a very challenging hilly course that attracts about 600 runners. It was my first time racing here. I had high hopes going into this race but kept expectations to zero. I hoped to match or beat my current PR but the weather would not allow this to happen. It was 80F and humid as can be. Just jogging around warming up was enough to make you feel terrible. The gun went off at 9:30. Had a target who I was hoping to keep up with as I know he's capable of sub 18 times. He took off pretty quick and I couldn't hang with him. I clock a 5:39 for my first mile...a bit too fast.  Hitting the hills at this point and go down a nice one...unfortunately you have to go back up too lol. I'm suffering pretty good at the turn around but breathing is still somewhat manageable and the legs are hanging in there. I climb that steep hill and it put a hurtin' on me.  With a about a mile to go I begin to creep up on my target. I thought he was going to smoke me by the way he took off. I finally catch and pass him with about 3/4mile to go. I give it all I got because I know he might have some kick left in him. I cross the finish with 18:46 on the clock and stumble around for a good 5 mins. I was completely out of it. Placed 14/600 and got an AG win. Super stoked to even go sub-19 in these conditions on this course.

Oh the pain coming into the finish

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Coastal

Jay:  You got him!  Heck of a race time under those conditions and with the hill, too.  Flat course on a cool morning and you're gonna be really happy.

KC:  You're on a roll!

I've never been to an IKEA, but I have helped friends assemble stuff.  Don't think I could do it alone   .

Summer is here, too -- you can tell because it smells like cow shit.  Sun comes out and the farmers start spraying shit on the fields. The tourists in line ahead of me at the department store -- the only one in the entire county --  this morning were commenting to the checker about the smell of manure in the air.  I usually don't notice it unless it's pretty bad.  They seemed to be having trouble dealing with it for some reason  

Got in 6.7.  Knee's been bugging a little so took a couple days off.  It tried bugging today.  Once it was bad enough that I turned to go home, then it felt good again so I turned back around and got in the run.  I have been wearing the ChoPat knee thing the Sports doc gave me.  It seems to relieve the stuff at the top of the kneecap quite a bit, but seems to irritate the stuff lower at the head of the tibia.  Re-adjusted the bottom strap after turning around -- maybe that made the difference.  Hope to get back out tomorrow.

Cyberic

Great racing Jay!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jay, congratulations!

Ran my 6 outside in the rain, turned downpour.

Damaris