Beginners and Beyond

Soupy Saturdailies (Read 30 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's a lovely 70 degrees and 67 dewpoint right now. Lovely races conditions. At least it's a 5k and I am really glad I made the decision to do a half in late March or early April instead of waiting for this weekend.

If you want some entertainment around 10:30 this morning, you can watch the Mascot Challenge at ROAR for Kids live on Facebook. The 5k I am doing is earlier and then there are lots of games and activities for kids.

delicate flower

Good luck with your 5K, K2!

'Morning, kids!  I've got a long training day ahead.  65 mile ride and a 4 mile run...probably about 4.5 hours.  It's a nice morning too.  I'll head out once I finish this coffee.

<3

No more marathons

Soupy for sure.

Temp = 65, DP = 60

Fortunately only 10 on the schedule this morning.  Easy.

Soon as I finish my coffee too.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

About 9 for me around lunch time. Monday or Tuesday will be a RD if things don't change. I'm not exhausted, but always tired.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 5 because that's what runners do.  It's 70 and muggy already.  I feel bad for anyone running the marathon in Nashville today.  Late April is the wrong time to schedule 26.2 in TN.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This raining, stormy weather is beautiful to hear and watch.... but it is not good for running.

I did get to the gym though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Oof.

Cyberic

onemile

It's a lovely 70 degrees and 67 dewpoint right now. Lovely races conditions. At least it's a 5k and I am really glad I made the decision to do a half in late March or early April instead of waiting for this weekend.

Yeah I am thinking I made the right call switching mine. I suck so bad in those conditions

onemile

About 9 for me around lunch time. Monday or Tuesday will be a RD if things don't change. I'm not exhausted, but always tired.

You look exhausted

PS I am proud of you for spontaneously signing up for a race and then having second thoughts.  

Half Crazy K 2.0

Done?

Yes. The ugliness is available for viewing.

LRB

Yes. The ugliness is available for viewing.

Well, at least it ended early.

#annoyingglasshalffullguy

Half Crazy K 2.0

Well, at least it ended early.

#annoyingglasshalffullguy

Yea, they changed the course so it was all paved to accommodate wheelchairs. I knew it was gonna be short when the mile 1 and 2 markers were almost on top of each other.

Cyberic

You look exhausted

PS I am proud of you for spontaneously signing up for a race and then having second thoughts.  

I just checked the Daniels schedule for the next few weeks, and I think he realizes his schedule is tough as tomorrow it's only 110 minutes easy. Plus there's no more strides until the end of the schedule. Like taper starts now.

As an added bonus, 2 days before the race it's an easy 30 minutes, and can even be a rest day.  Addie would not be that comprehensive.

LRB

I had a 5k race or a workout on the schedule today but my legs are not in racing shape and the workout doesn't appeal to me (I have to be the worst student ever. I just blow shit off left and right!). And thanks to yesterday's URD, I am behind on my weekly miles, but jogging back to back double digit days doesn't appeal to me either, so it looks like I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Maybe I should eat it. lol