Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 47 times)

onemile

Physiologically speaking I do not know, and I am not sure this question has ever been answered definitively.

Is the indoor track cooled?

Yes, it's an ice rink so it's always 50 degrees 

Hip Redux

Cupcake for breakfast.    #stillwinning

I went for a trail run last night and totally wiped out on a rooty section (I took a second to look at my watch and took my eyes off the trail...bad idea).  I flew like superman and landed onto the roots, banged up both knees, my shoulder, jammed my wrist and hit my head.    It was a doozy.   I can't quite lift my arm without pain, so pilates tonight should be "interesting".

LRB

If I were going to run a B+ 200, though, I'd have to start the next one before I finished the first!  Now how would you program that?   

Wear two watches. Big grin

Cyberic

Physiologically speaking I do not know, and I am not sure this question has ever been answered definitively.

Is the indoor track cooled?

I think the track is by an ice skating rink, so do you take your question back? 

LRB

Yes, it's an ice rink so it's always 50 degrees 

I would be all about it, no question!

Cyberic

Ooops, bad timing, lol

LRB

They don't feel good during wu and cd, but feel great during the MP part. It might be the pace, or it might be the fact that it's a wu and a cd, and both suck. I'm putting my money on the pace though.

My adidas Tempo 6 feels like bricks while running easy, but completely disappear at marathon pace and faster.

onemile

I would be all about it, no question!

It really is perfect running conditions - flat smooth and cool. Only downside is that it's about a 20 minute drive.  It's a lot easier to run out of my door.

cjones1

I think it just comes down to the fact that Garmins are always a little off when you go around corners. And the track has four of them.

Is your track rectangular?

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

I went for a trail run last night and totally wiped out on a rooty section (I took a second to look at my watch and took my eyes off the trail...bad idea).  I flew like superman and landed onto the roots, banged up both knees, my shoulder, jammed my wrist and hit my head.    It was a doozy.   I can't quite lift my arm without pain, so pilates tonight should be "interesting".

I am not one to talk seeing as how I tried to fly off a ladder myself, but will say I felt that shit for longer than one would think so take it easy the next few days.

LRB

It's a lot easier to run out of my door.

So expect to be a hot drippy mess after your run and hit the block. Cool

onemile

Is your track rectangular?

Aren't they all?  

DavePNW

Ouch. Just a correction though: clearly you did NOT fly like Superman. Anyway, Dr. Dave prescribes more cupcakes.

Anyway, 12 miles with 9 at MP. Felt really good.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I ran 6.2 miles this morning.  Pilates later.

I have always run all my workouts outside.  Never felt invincible come the Fall, only congested for months and tired from being so dehydrated for the 6 months of 90+ workouts.  We'll see how the TM training works this time around.  I don't feel as beat up because the temps inside the house are in the 70s, 25-30F cooler than outside.

Damaris

Cyberic

Aren't they all?  

The outdoor track I ran on today is an athletics track: 400m, and more oval than rectangular.

The indoor track I run on in the winter is rather rectangular.

Speaking of athletics, there was the cutest girl practicing her javelin throw. Very serious and concentrated, she got there shortly after me. When she saw me leave, of course, she began packing and left also.