Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 47 times)

Zelanie

After the days way over 100 that we've had, 90 is when it starts feeling nice again to go out and run.  Especially if the sun isn't out.

LRB

After the days way over 100 that we've had, 90 is when it starts feeling nice again to go out and run.  Especially if the sun isn't out.

That's like having the gas price go up to $5 a gallon from $2 overnight, then when it goes to 3.50 after a month you are ecstatic. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The people that live there have beautiful tans, but I came home blacker than soy sauce after only four days down there! In fact, my dog barked at me like I was a stranger when I walked up the driveway. 

And we have tanning salons.  What the fuck?

Hubby is on the TM.  Told you so.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The sun isn't out in some places? 

Actually, I ran outside on Monday when the feels like said 90F and no sun (cloudy).  Little did I know the DP went from 72 to 78 during my run.  I regret that decision, LOL.

Seriously, that's how I feel when October rolls in and is suddenly 85F feels like 85F, instead of 85F feels like 103F. It's like who turn on the AC?  LOL.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights and core. It's not even supposed to get above 80 tomorrow, although it may be humid since it is supposed to rain.

DavePNW

And we have tanning salons.  What the fuck?

Of course. It's way too hot to lie out there in the real sun.

Dave

LRB

Okay, that, was funny!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Never thought of that.  Ha.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

I bring water for anything over 5 miles, and I still get dehydrated.  No drinking fountains in the country and I won't share water with the cows.

Today was lovely, 75 degrees when I ran my 5.6 miles at 3:30 with a light rain for the last 20 minutes or so.  Having the cooler temps really made a difference in my pace.

LRB

I'm taking another stab at 21:39 tonight... whee.

What is the result already FFS.

OMG post the result already.

LRB

Having the cooler temps really made a difference in my pace.

It's gonna be great weather for running soon!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's gonna be great weather for running soon unless you live in Miami, in which case it will get cool in January. 

Damaris

LRB

Yeah I cannot help you if you live in hell. An ice cube would singe you by the time it reached you. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lol. When I used to carry a handheld, I would fill it with ice and water. By 0.50, it would only have water 

Damaris

LRB

Lol. When I used to carry a handheld, I would fill it with ice and water. By 0.50, it would only have water 

While here in February it would freeze by 0.50.