Beginners and Beyond

Fab-Fridailies (Read 33 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

6.3 miles done this morning, me and Jetta.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RunningOnSand

Nice, FS! How's your head? Are you feeling all better?

We went to our black tie event last night and didn't get to bed til 1am  so I was NOT getting up at 5 to run 9. Oh, and that awesome dress I wanted to wear? It was too small! I ended up wearing the black dress instead. And I only saw one other woman wearing the same dress, at the event. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Nice, FS! How's your head? Are you feeling all better?

We went to our black tie event last night and didn't get to bed til 1am  so I was NOT getting up at 5 to run 9. Oh, and that awesome dress I wanted to wear? It was too small! I ended up wearing the black dress instead. And I only saw one other woman wearing the same dress, at the event. 

Head is fine, though last night the aches were trying to come back but one of my teeth were hurting real bad. I've noticed that the last year or 2, right as my sinus congestion is going away, my bad teeth start to hurt awful. A few weeks ago one of those bad teeth broke, and I need to get it removed but I was hoping to wait til my next dentist appointment which I think is in August... not sure if it will hold up.

Only thing right now is the phlegm in my throat, blah.

In other news, I have reached 104 miles for this month and I still have 2 days to go with 4-5 miles planned tomorrow and a 10-12 miler Sunday 

Yeah if I went to bed at 1 AM, I would not be getting up before 5 or 6 AM let alone run 9 miles. Sorry that the dress you wanted to wear didn't fit 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  This week my BP has been out of control so I upped the dose last night and now to wait a week for it to work, yay me.  I have Pilates and 7 with a 5K TT at the end.

I wouldn't wake up at 5am or 6am but I still have to for work, lol.  No way I can go to bed at midnight and run at 2am...

Damaris

GinnyinPA

D - stress, or too many salty restaurant meals?

sdWhiskers

9 miles after looping around the neighborhood approx 3000 times. And DS did not burn the house down while I was gone.

I leave for the airport in an hour. As usual, half my suitcase is running related.

LRB

And I only saw one other woman wearing the same dress, at the event. 

Disaster AVERTED.

LRB

I leave for the airport in an hour. As usual, half my suitcase is running related.

The B&B approves of this message.

LRB

In other news, I have reached 104 miles for this month and I still have 2 days to go with 4-5 miles planned tomorrow and a 10-12 miler Sunday 

Why not shoot for 125? 

DavePNW

Another URD. Not sure when I'll be ready to test it. I guess it's mental more than physical, I am afraid it will be exactly the same.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Another URD. Not sure when I'll be ready to test it. I guess it's mental more than physical, I am afraid it will be exactly the same.

When I pulled a hammy 100 yards into a duathlon in late 2017, it took about 10 days to clear up.  Of course me, being the idiot that I am, completed the race limping and in severe pain the entire time.

<3

RunningOnSand

Disaster AVERTED.

Agreed!

RunningOnSand

When I pulled a hammy 100 yards into a duathlon in late 2017, it took about 10 days to clear up.  Of course me, being the idiot that I am, completed the race limping and in severe pain the entire time.

I honestly think that being a runner/athlete encourages us to do this. I mean, so much of our training is completing runs/workouts that are tough AF, and we're taught to power through discomfort. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between that and pain, in the moment.

Dave, is there a way to test it that wouldn't aggravate it? Could you do a run/walk (which, I know probably sounds like #eyeroll but maybe easing back into it slowly would help?)?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Why not shoot for 125? 

Wouldn't that be risking an injury? Shouldn't I follow some sort of 10% rule or something, I haven't seen near 125 miles in........... goodness it was probably in 2017 lol

But eh, if I reach between 110-115 and feel good, I'll be happy 

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scott Jurek posted this trailer on his instagram, thought it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E888AnlnPMQ

I've been wanting to turn more toward a vegetarian lifestyle, but I'm such a freaking picky eater and find it hard trying new things 

PRs