Beginners and Beyond

Fab-Fridailies (Read 33 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Has anyone ever run in the Mizuno WaveKnit shoes? Wondering how they compare to the Ghosts. 

I was a big fan of the Mizuno Wave Riders. It has pretty much been all I've worn the last 5+ years. The wave knits are a different upper material from various other Mizuno shoes, I think supposed to be a little lighter & you pay more. That said, I hate what Mizuno has done to the Wave Rider. They were previously a firm shoe, some cushion, but really responsive. Now they are mush--like I feel my foot hit the ground and it then sink into the shoe a little more. I've griped to Mizuno and my running store about the changes--the running store was surprised at my last purchase since it was not Wave Riders.  Since the 20s, the shoes do not last me as long either. Anyway, I bought Ghosts last week, still forming an opinion. They definitely seem lighter than the last version I had (7).

Oh, the Sky version, hated them. Heavy, clunky and also had that double sink into the shoe feel.

LRB

Betting on me would be like betting on the Lions to win the superbowl. lol

That's a sucker's bet.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have run LRs or 4 hours lol

the LOL might be crying...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Looked it up. 4:18 and 4:22 are my longest 20 and 22 milers. 

Damaris

onemile

Looked it up. 4:18 and 4:22 are my longest 20 and 22 milers. 

I have a 3:54

LRB

I have a 3:54

I have a 3:27

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nevermind what I said about 5Ks.  This was a time trial on the TM, but still.  That sucked.  I ran what I needed to run but the asthma was killing me through it, the phlegm was out of control, and I wanted to die after mile 1.  So, I ran it correctly, no? 

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have not been paying attention,  what's this competition y'all are talking about?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I have not been paying attention,  what's this competition y'all are talking about?

Who can eat the most hot pockets in a week. Are you in??

Half Crazy K 2.0

2.9 miles, probably should have run on the treadmill since it was thundering a bit.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ok, smartass, i figured on it meaning annual mileage so far.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Ok, smartass, i figured on it meaning annual mileage so far.

oops

#busted

onemile

lol I haven't had one of those since college

RunningOnSand

lol I haven't had one of those since college

word association.

College. Food. Ramen.

GinnyinPA

Looks like my longest long run was 3:39 for 21 miles. I've got quite a few runs between 3 and 3:30 - basically all runs over 19 miles, which is 3-4 per cycle.

Cy - you've got as many miles in 6 months as I expect to make for the whole year. Nice.