Beginners and Beyond

MonDailies (Read 17 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My run this morning included a side trip near the end to buy flowers at Trader Joe's because with everything going on this past weekend, I lost sight of the fact that today is my wedding anniversary.  5¼ miles done.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

sdWhiskers

7 miles in gorgeous running weather. On Sat morning, I banged a toe on the side of the tub and it's still throbbing. Running, thankfully, doesn't make it worse. But I'm starting to wonder if I broke it.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning.  I had a rare awful night of sleep which I blame on the two 2:00 ice coffees I had after my long bike ride yesterday.  So, I stayed in bed and blew off my swim, but then ran 5 miles instead after doing a little bit of work on this WFH day.  Got a bike ride to do later too.

Happy Anniversary to the Freds!

<3

From the Internet.

I shuffled a slow mile to get the crud out of the legs. We walk the dogs about a mile every morning anyway with the running stroller, will play it by ear the rest of the week whether I take some days totally off, keep shuffling very short easy miles, or just get in a little extra walking. Mental break this week anyway - nothing longer than maybe 30 min and no workouts for a couple weeks!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Anniversary, Fred. 

I ran 5 on the TM and lifted at lunch. High of 80s no thanks.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

DR, Baboon - thanks.  Next year will be our 20th.

DavePNW

Happy anniversary Fred! And right after your birthday!

Whiskers - it seems like it would be hard to break your toe like that, and if you did, you wouldn't be able to run on it. But I really have no idea. I hope it gets better soon.

So I woke up this morning with my back still feeling pretty messed up, but I figured I'd try a run and see what happens. No idea what to expect till I took my first steps, but miraculously it was OK. Only 4 miles because I had a 7:00 meeting to get back for, which I didn't realize till I was just about to head out.

When my shin problem first hit, I lowered my standing desk so I was sitting all day long. With my back now feeling wonky, and sitting giving me the most aggravation, I've raised it back up to standing position.  JHC.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. Debating going over to the mall because I could use a new pair of jeans and buying those online is a total crapshoot.

Fred, Happy Anniveersary! How far did you have to run home carrying flowers?

sdWhiskers, ouch on the toe. Assuming it's not a big toe?

DavePNW, hopefully the standing helps your back and doesn't bother the shin. With broken toes, if it's not the big one, you can do quite a bit on it. I never got it checked out, but pretty certain I broke my next to last toe when I was in gymmnastics. I did a leap in the dancec room on a wood floor, toe curled under and I felt a crunch. The only thing that really bothered it was turns. Tumbling, running, no issue.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Dave, HCK - thanks.

HCK - I had to run 2.5 0.25 miles with the flowers.

Dave - good to hear the back isn't bad.

SDW - which toe did you stub?  I stubbed my little toe a few years back and it hurt a lot for a while, but it wasn't broken; I'd partially torn a tendon, which just required splinting it for a while.

sdWhiskers

Its the toe next to the big one. The nail is completely purple along with like a quarter of an inch below it. Still throbs. Probably not actually broken but doesn't feel good.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Its the toe next to the big one. The nail is completely purple along with like a quarter of an inch below it. Still throbs. Probably not actually broken but doesn't feel good.

I'll bet.  If you do decide to splint it by taping it to an adjacent toe, one thing I learned was to put a piece of gauze between the toes before you tape them together to keep the skin from getting too damp.