Beginners and Beyond

Whar, SunDAILIES, whar???? (Read 43 times)

LRB

onemile

DavePNW

I see Batman lurking around mile 11!

8 miles for me, 52 for the week.

Dave

Zelanie

Time to break out the bubble wrap.

LRB

That looks fun.

It got harder as the temps rose. Not sure how I would have fared on the second loop. You know, had I actually run it.

LRB

Going down. That's when you know it's real!

onemile

It got harder as the temps rose. Not sure how I would have fared on the second loop. You know, had I actually run it.

Had I not had aid stations every few miles today, I don't think I would have finished 17.

LRB

Had I not had aid stations every few miles today, I don't think I would have finished 17.

It was definitely warm. Something about heat and sugar that don't go well for me, that second GU was rough. I'm pretty sure I made the ugliest face imaginable when it went down!

If it's like this in two weeks, it's gonna be ugly on my end.

Little Blue

You might want to see your cardiologist.  That looks a little irregular.

DavePNW

Time to break out the bubble wrap.

OMG yes.

Dave

DavePNW

Going down. That's when you know it's real!

You just passed me this week going the other way!

Dave

DavePNW

I ran 17 with the Lake Michigan Trail Marathon this morning - they have an untimed "20 mile training run" option (that I cut short).  About 4 of the miles are on hiking trails and the rest on a paved bike path.  I wasn't sure how the trail stuff would be since I don't run trails but that part was fun.  But it was already 71 at 7am and when the sun came out, it got pretty tough toward the end.

One of the LRS in MI used put on a 20-mile supported training run, scheduled 3 weeks before the Detroit Marathon. (LRB - does Running Fit still do that? I don't remember it last year.) Aid stations with water, Gatorade & Gu, even a clock at the end. I did it before my first in 2012; it was pretty cool to have the aid stations especially for my first-ever 20 miler, but would be pretty nice for LRs any time.

Dave

LRB

You just passed me this week going the other way!

That made me smile. It's been a tough year but I'm trying to hang with it.

Long way to go though...

LRB

One of the LRS in MI used put on a 20-mile supported training run, scheduled 3 weeks before the Detroit Marathon. (LRB - does Running Fit still do that? I don't remember it last year.) Aid stations with water, Gatorade & Gu, even a clock at the end. I did it before my first in 2012; it was pretty cool to have the aid stations especially for my first-ever 20 miler, but would be pretty nice for LRs any time.

That was my thinking today. But after the first aid station at mile 3.5, everyone that was with me stopped and I found myself alone for the next 11.5 damn miles.

Because of the way the schedule sets up, I will not need to run long for three weeks, but would drive to the moon to run with others rather than by myself.

Mmmmm...beer

Sorry, been running all weekend. LOL

My first b2b LR weekend, went really well. 19.5 yesterday with hills and trails, 17.4 today, flat with a progressive back side, 7:50 average, 6:48 through the park at the end.  75 mile week, need more of those over the next 14 weeks.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!