Beginners and Beyond

Whar, SunDAILIES, whar???? (Read 43 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I actually prefer running solo than in a group.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

You might want to see your cardiologist.  That looks a little irregular.

lol - It's hard to see and it looks like a crevice, but the toughest climb was at mile 7, hands down. I almost came to a stop!

LRB

As do I, but the thought of running 3 hours with no other mental stimulation pretty much sucks.

onemile

I like running alone if it's decent out and I feel okay.  But if it's miserable and I'm really dreading it, it helps to have a group. And aid stations.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

As do I, but the thought of running 3 hours with no other mental stimulation pretty much sucks.

It's called iPod.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

20 with the last 10 @ MP + 10% on the TM.

Damaris

DavePNW

As do I, but I despise long runs with the fury of 1000 suns.

This is what you meant to say.

I am OK solo, it's really all I know other than in races. I think I can literally count on one hand the number of times I've run with other people.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Maybe I'm a freak, but I adore solo long runs.  Three hours without anybody talking at me?  No problem!  (I used to think it was impossible to do it without music, but I found that I like it even more that way.)

chasing the impossible

LRB

This is what you meant to say.

And I have a million times. lol

I actually looked to check the date on that quote because I thought it was the original.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe I'm a freak, but I adore solo long runs.  Three hours without anybody talking at me?  No problem!  (I used to think it was impossible to do it without music, but I found that I like it even more that way.)

I think this way, except I have done marathons without music (and long runs) and it's not pretty.  I run in the middle of the city.  Last thing I want to hear is sicko drivers yelling profanities.  Which happens all the time.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I think this way, except I have done marathons without music (and long runs) and it's not pretty.  I run in the middle of the city.  Last thing I want to hear is sicko drivers yelling profanities.  Which happens all the time.

If I run with music (which I haven't done in ages), it's never loud enough for me not to hear what's going on around me.  So I'd hear the profanities anyway. 

My first marathon, I ran with an MP3 player; by mile 20, I wanted to chuck the damn thing into the lake.

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

I used to think it was impossible to do it without music, but I found that I like it even more that way.

I used to play bass guitar when I started running. I was really into music. I used to wear my iPod all the time. While running, though, it lasted until the first times it was really hot and humid, and I was sweating so much that one ear would block with liquid. I'd have to take the headphone out, tilt my head, and clear the liquid with my pinky, put the headphone back. It would last 5 minutes max before I had to redo it. Annoying and disgusting. I stopped bringing music, and never went back. Same thing happened with sunglasses. After a few times of finishing my run with the glasses in my hands, because of heavy fogging, I started running without them. Now, after 3 years of running, all I bring on my runs is a key for the house and a watch on my wrist. Oh, and on some days I'll bring gu to practice downing it while running.

Although sometimes I wish I had music, most of the times I am glad that I have 100% hearing capability and am fully aware of my surroundings. Many many times I pass runners that don't drop to one side to let me pass, simply because they don't hear me coming. I'm not dangerous, but bikes can be.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't have those problems on my sidewalks. And there are hardly any runners here.  They run in groups either at 6am or at 7pm. Too early and too late for me.  We don't have trails and only have sidewalks around rush hour traffic, which I like because I am always surrounded by a lot of cars not moving.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning.

<3