Beginners and Beyond

Whar, SunDAILIES, whar???? (Read 43 times)

LRB

Maybe I'm a freak, but I adore solo long runs.  Three hours without anybody talking at me?  No problem!  (I used to think it was impossible to do it without music, but I found that I like it even more that way.)

I was the same way, then marathon #2 happened, then 3, and so on. After awhile you run out of shit to talk to yourself about and it becomes arduous.

Of course there are many who are not affected by this, but then there are those who like me, are.

#fuckalongrun

onemile

I was the same way, then marathon #2 happened, then 3, and so on. After awhile you run out of shit to talk to yourself about and it becomes arduous.

Yep.  And when it's your 4th double digit run for the week and you go into it with already sore and tired legs the whole thing becomes a chore to get done. 

Little Blue, that sounds like a beautiful five-mile trail run.

Cyberic99, terrific ten.

Shari, have a relaxing and refreshing recovery day.

scottydawg, you're a machine.

Lauren, great workouts.

bluerun, not just you.

Rick, bravo on the fifteen. I'd love to see you do Jerusalem.

onemile, sweet seventeen.

DavePNW, excellent eight.

Dtothe2nd, that is insane(ly awesome).

Damaris, brava on the twenty.

6.0 miles in 55:59 (9:20). Weights. Abs. Push-ups. And it was a comfortable experience. No urge to rush to the nearest toilet. I'm so happy, I want to cry.

Zelanie

12 mile progression run done.

StepbyStep-SH

Yes, sipping coffee. After sleeping in to the ridiculous hour of 7:30 a.m. Today is a recovery day - I'll walk for 30-45 minutes and do a hatha yoga class. My body could use the gentle stretching.

Didn't get to the Y in time to walk before the yoga class, and since DS was already hanging out in the pool, I swam for 25 minutes after yoga instead.

Finished the week with 33.9 miles running, 6 different classes (2 each of strength training and martial arts, 1 each of pilates and yoga), and 600m swimming. I hope to get 35 miles next week, with at least 4 of the classes.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I saw The Transporter Refueled. It ran out of gas. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I saw The Transporter Refueled. It ran out of gas. lol

Jason Statham or GTFO.

Damaris

LRB

Jason Statham or GTFO.

That seems to be the consensus. Any word on why he passed on this one?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That seems to be the consensus. Any word on why he passed on this one?

No idea. We didn't plan on watching it because of that.  I don't think this one is from the same director, though.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 with 10 x 5 minutes at HM- 19k pace. And the milestone of my first nose dive on pavement  In a good news, bad news, I did this right in front of a house and the guy saw me. He bought me some paper towels and band aids and let me use his hose to clean up. Scraped both palms and knees and left thigh. Too add insult to injury, I chafed under my arms. I am seriously dreading getting in the shower.

Zelanie

PSA: I watched "The Counselor" last night (came out a couple of years ago).  You do not need to make that same mistake.  We got maybe halfway through before just giving up.

LRB

8 with 10 x 5 minutes at HM- 19k pace. And the milestone of my first nose dive on pavement  In a good news, bad news, I did this right in front of a house and the guy saw me. He bought me some paper towels and band aids and let me use his hose to clean up. Scraped both palms and knees and left thigh. Too add insult to injury, I chafed under my arms. I am seriously dreading getting in the shower.

Yeah the shower lets you know you're chafed when you had no idea you were FFS.

LRB

PSA: I watched "The Counselor" last night (came out a couple of years ago).  You do not need to make that same mistake.  We got maybe halfway through before just giving up.

I thought that film was loaded with A-Listers, no?

Little Blue

Yikes!  Gotta watch out for those pavement cracks! (Ask me how I know this. )

Hope your shower was without drama.

Zelanie

I thought that film was loaded with A-Listers, no?

Yeah, Javier Bardem, Brad Pitt, Penelope Cruz, and written by Cormac McCarthy.   But the director was the same one as Prometheus, so that should have been fair warning.

Half Crazy- Yikes!  Hope you heal up quickly!