Beginners and Beyond

Whar, SunDAILIES, whar???? (Read 43 times)

Cyberic

HC, ouch!

LRB

Yeah, Javier Bardem, Brad Pitt, Penelope Cruz, and written by Cormac McCarthy.   But the director was the same one as Prometheus, so that should have been fair warning.

Half Crazy- Yikes!  Hope you heal up quickly!

Talk about a fucking snooze-fest. Prometheus failed to deliver to the hype. And it was critically acclaimed IIRC.

LRB

I have been looking for a new singlet for this fall's race for weeks now, but have been unable to find anything that really moves my needle. Anyone else having this problem?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Talk about a fucking snooze-fest. Prometheus failed to deliver to the hype. And it was critically acclaimed IIRC.

Wasn't Prometheus the same director as the first Alien?  I found it boring but the finish made it at least passable (joining the first Aliens with it).

Damaris

onemile

I have been looking for a new singlet for this fall's race for weeks now, but have been unable to find anything that really moves my needle. Anyone else having this problem?

The half or the full?  I wore two shirts at last year's IMM.

Zelanie

Wasn't Prometheus the same director as the first Alien?  I found it boring but the finish made it at least passable (joining the first Aliens with it).

Alien, Blade Runner, and Thelma and Louise.  He should have quit while he was ahead.

LRB

The half or the full?  I wore two shirts at last year's IMM.

Either and/or both. I bought three but one chafed my arm and the other two are only so-so. Haven't been able to find shit since. I'm on Zappos now FFS. You know I'm desperate!

As far as November, I'll be dressed like a hooker meaning wearing as little as possible...and likely sweating like a dog while running it.

DavePNW

Ha, you're asking the wrong guy here. I just need to reach into the race shirt drawer & grab one.

OK, that's not entirely true. I'm pretty sure which old race shirt I'm going with.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go to INKnBURN. Problem solved. 

Damaris

LRB

Ha, you're asking the wrong guy here. I just need to reach into the race shirt drawer & grab one.

OK, that's not entirely true. I'm pretty sure which old race shirt I'm going with.

You know, I'm not sure that I've ever raced in short sleeves.

I'm weird.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Tried for back to back long runs which for me is anything over 2 hours or 10 miles. Made it but barely with 10.2 today after 13.5 yesterday, that was a struggle even at a slower pace. Then I crashed this afternoon and couldn't even stay awake watching old James Bond movies. 'Course they were Roger Moore, not Sean Connery movies.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Go to INKnBURN. Problem solved. 

I did. And I almost pulled the trigger on the octopus one, but I was forcing myself because I'm desperate, not because *I* wanted it so I passed.

Nothing else there really appealed to me...some made me lol though. : ducks :

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did. And I almost pulled the trigger on the octopus one, but I was forcing myself because I'm desperate, not because *I* wanted it so I passed.

Nothing else there really appealed to me...some made me lol though. : ducks :

My husband has the octopus one. You should get it. I know what you like and this is very you.  It is amazing in person.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Only 1 area of chafing under my arm, which I knew was there before the shower. I somehow scraped my hip, fortunately my shorts were ok. My tank, not so much, I have a hole in it, but it chafes anyway, so not a big loss.

LRB, I am having the same problem finding shirts. I was at the outlets yesterday and found nothing in Nike, New Balance, Under Armour, Adidas or Reebok. All I bought was cupcake mix at Harry & David's. I didn't pay attention to which models, but the Adidas outlet had various shoes in the Boost line on sale for 25 or 50% off the lowest price, they only had 1 in my size and even for $35. I just wasn't feeling it.

LRB

Tried for back to back long runs which for me is anything over 2 hours or 10 miles. Made it but barely with 10.2 today after 13.5 yesterday...

That's a good weekend. Going for the trifecta tomorrow?