Beginners and Beyond

Whar, SunDAILIES, whar???? (Read 43 times)

onemile

PS, IMM shirts are hideous.  But they give a knit hat every year at the finish which is kind of nice.

From the Internet.

I have been looking for a new singlet for this fall's race for weeks now, but have been unable to find anything that really moves my needle. Anyone else having this problem?

Nope! A. No races, and 2. I wear my club uniform - takes half the effort out of picking a race day outfit. Solution would be to either get injured or join a club!

LRB

True, though I'm with you on the A4... I was confused at first.  This is supposedly tech, why is it so awful?!

It's a tough lesson to learn for sure. The shirts around here are getting worse because every event wants to give out finishers medals now, so they are reverting to cotton shirts. The cotton shirt I got from the dream cruise was actually pretty cool, I just wouldn't run in it.

Some people can run in A4 though, I sweat way too much to.

LRB

PS, IMM shirts are hideous.  But they give a knit hat every year at the finish which is kind of nice.

Something useful? Imagine that!

LRB

Nope! A. No races, and 2. I wear my club uniform - takes half the effort out of picking a race day outfit. Solution would be to either get injured or join a club!

I'm too finicky for that. Shit, in my other life I was Morris the cat. lol

Well I guess I don't know any better as far as the material. But certainly most of them are just butt ugly. That ends up being my main criterion of which ones to wear at races - one of the less ugly ones. And sort of like to wear a marathon shirt to a marathon.

Dave

The local ones here are all cotton. Hence for useless.

Really? I have never gotten a cotton shirt at a race. I've only seen them sometimes for the kids mile race or something.

Dave

LRB

Well I guess I don't know any better as far as the material. But certainly most of them are just butt ugly. That ends up being my main criterion of which ones to wear at races - one of the less ugly ones. And sort of like to wear a marathon shirt to a marathon.

A4 shirts say A4 right on the back of the collar where the size normally is. If you ran Grand Rapids in 2011 (it was royal blue), that was an A4 shirt. The Martian gave them out this spring as well IIRC. The gray one from Detroit last year was something different, not quite A4 but not quite the usual tech.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'd rather get a cotton shirt than a men's low end tech shirt. At least the cotton ones I can wear as casual shirts.

The worst is getting a crappy Under Armour shirt. I got one that is some low end tech fabric and unisex. Plus it smelled funny from the start.

LRB

A4 shirts say A4 right on the back of the collar where the size normally is. If you ran Grand Rapids in 2011 (it was royal blue), that was an A4 shirt. The Martian gave them out this spring as well IIRC. The gray one from Detroit last year was something different, not quite A4 but not quite the usual tech.

Um, scratch that. I didn't race the Martian this year.

bluerun

Super B****

I'd rather get a cotton shirt than a men's low end tech shirt. At least the cotton ones I can wear as casual shirts.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I was going to say shouldn't you be tapering?

Being old school, I've always used a 10-14 day taper for marathons and ultras. I will be cutting back beginning this week, though I may race a 5K on Friday as a final speed workout.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Really? I have never gotten a cotton shirt at a race. I've only seen them sometimes for the kids mile race or something.

Every 5K and 10K (or at least the ones I have run) are all cotton. White cotton.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

All my cotton shirts go to Goodwill. I have no use for those.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Being old school, I've always used a 10-14 day taper for marathons and ultras. I will be cutting back beginning this week, though I may race a 5K on Friday as a final speed workout.

I like 10-14 days of taper as well.

Damaris