Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES - Is this the end? (Read 53 times)

LRB

Finish time was 22:42, which was 1 second faster than my previous PR. Smile That was good for 9th in my Age Group, and 36th overall. Pretty fast group if you ask me, considering only 250 people ran the race. I cooled down with a 1 mile cooldown. Hat tip to Shari, I got my 15 miles in. Smile

Excellent!  You have earned the rest!

LRB

I just dragged my fat ass out of bed after a great nine hours of sleep.

You are the undisputed King of sleep in the dailies!

Loved that last line DP! 

Enjoy your warm temps Beth!

Step, your day is bizzy!  lol

Good luck on your run of many possibilities lil!  lol

Enjoy the rest Free!

Shake off what Jack? 

LRB

Morning!  Biking and maybe a short recovery run.

Is biking and running something you are doing now daily?  It seems that you are.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Back from the puppy pool. i haven't run yet but purposefully wore my running gear to the pool so I can run now. If I'd put on regular jeans I'd not feel like going but being in running shorts, shirt, Garmin, road ID, and running shoes I need to just go before the rain starts. I was going to run tomorrow instead but will be colder tomorrow and rain so I will do something short today instead.

Marjorie

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Rick - That stinks about your race. Good thing that 5ks and 10ks are more plentiful. I see revenge on the horizon.

- Andrew

LRB

Laughing out loud at your screen name!

Hi Marj!

Hi dailies:

Rick - Someone left this Sunday plate in the freezer.  Time to thaw it out.

Baboon - have a good day of yums and shopping

DaveP - do you ever find yourself eating food while making other food?

Beth - ugh, enjoy the "warmth" while it lasts

Step - great job on the miles, busy day!

Brr - nice pic, way to get the distance in even with a race.

D - have a good short run and ride

Lily - 3 breakfasts are just carb loading, have a good 20

Free - hopefully it will be nicer tomorrow

Rick - Sorry the race didn't go as planned.  Like Baboon's off-day HM, or my last 5K that was 1:00+ over acceptable, just throw it away and move on.  At least you found the race, albeit too late to warm up properly.

Jack - 35 is shorts weather Wink

Marjorie - good plan.  Putting on the running gear is half the battle sometimes, enough motivation to stop the internal whining and go.

I was in and out of sleep many times, finally getting up for good around 11, which seems to have helped fight off the head cold.   TMville in a bit.

I looked at my log for last March, and am officially worried about the quality of this year's training. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LRB, shake it off and next time, sign up beforehand .  Seriously, you did OK.  Lack of warmup is hard to overcome.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Is biking and running something you are doing now daily?  It seems that you are.

I do it sometimes, especially when I am running very low miles.  Pretty soon that will be a thing of the past. 

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, dailies, and happy Sunday!

SRD for me today.  Sore as hell and enjoying some ibuprofen. 9.3 yesterday really surprised the body!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I stalked D2's results and boy this guy smoked the race!  Congrats, Dave!

Damaris

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

SRD today!!  Yesterday was full slate!!

Biked (had to do a turnaround cuz my plan to run at the local HS track was superseded by the track meet going on there)

Ran (baking hot by the time I got to running)

Painted living room (need to do another coat this afternoon)

and spent a good hour at the Depot gettin' all the crap needed.

Top that off w/ a gut busting (hip busting, actually) basketball game last night which we actually WON!!!  (Nailed both of my free throws at the end to put the game out of reach....woohoo!) and I was one tired mofo at the end of yesterday.

Randy

LRB

LRB, shake it off and next time, sign up beforehand .

Maybe, but the same thing would have happened as both registration and packet pick up were moved to a new location a half mile from the race.

But whatever, I am over it.  I just needed to get that out of me and probably should have typed it all in an email and sent it to myself.

As it is I am going to the movies for pizza and wine (solo this week, anyone wanna join me?).  Today's feature: Non-Stop.

See ya!

DavePNW

DaveP - do you ever find yourself eating food while making other food?

Ha. All the time. Who can wait 3 minutes for something to come out of the microwave, we're starving here!

LRB - I guess I did make the right call about blowing off that race, even if not for the right reasons (mainly laziness). That said - if I had those kind of "godawful" splits, I would throw myself a party. Of course I know you have loftier goals, but you have enough races on the horizon to shake this one off.

6 real easy on the treadmill plus an hour of yoga.

63 for the week, making it 6 in a row of 60+.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe, but the same thing would have happened as both registration and packet pick up were moved to a new location a half mile from the race.

But whatever, I am over it.  I just needed to get that out of me and probably should have typed it all in an email and sent it to myself.

As it is I am going to the movies for pizza and wine (solo this week, anyone wanna join me?).  Today's feature: Non-Stop.

See ya!

I would if I live closer!  No problem venting here.  That's what we are here for.

Damaris