Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES - Is this the end? (Read 53 times)

LRB

Makes 60.1 miles for the week, but only three 60+ weeks. Dave is making me look like a slacker.

You, Dave and quite a few other dailies peeps are kickn' weekly mileage butt!

DavePNW

Thanks everyone!  I'll do up a RR after I get a shower and some more food in me, but I couldn't be happier with how the race went.  BQ'd my first marathon with a 3:14:07! 

Awesome, dude!! With time to spare!

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Thanks everyone!  I'll do up a RR after I get a shower and some more food in me, but I couldn't be happier with how the race went.  BQ'd my first marathon with a 3:14:07! 

Big time congrats! That's HUGE!

- Andrew

outoftheblue

LRB  -- don't  beat yourself up for circumstances that you can't control -- inability to warm-up because of moved registration and freezing temps.     No way was that a set-up for success.   And, I agree with Lily, the added stress of the delay and interruption to your routine takes it's own toll.    Once I start thinking that things are going to go bad, my body frequently falls right in line with that thinking.   You'll get em next time.

Life is good.

LRB

LRB  -- don't  beat yourself up for circumstances that you can't control...

Beat myself up?  Girl I wanna kick my ass.  lol  I am really hard on myself when it comes to events, always been.  Cannot help it.

Shit, if I were my own kid I would put me on punishment.  lol

LRB

And, I agree with Lily, the added stress of the delay and interruption to your routine takes it's own toll. 

Hmm, now that i think about it, there actually may be some truth to that.  I got really flustered!

LRB

But I'm the same way: When something is off at the start, it's not only my body that's affected, but my mind as well.

I glossed over this on first pass but after giving it some thought, I really am a strict creature of habit and routine where race day morning is concerned.

At my last race it started snowing heavily at the start forcing a course change which completely threw me off and mentally I never recovered.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Beat myself up?  Girl I wanna kick my ass.  lol  I am really hard on myself when it comes to events, always been.  Cannot help it.

Shit, if I were my own kid I would put me on punishment.  lol

Why would you beat yourself up for things YOU CANNOT CONTROL? 

Damaris

LRB

StepbyStep-SH

Su-weeeeet!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

Well, he COULD have checked the website.   Ahem.

Big grin

(ducks and runs from LRB)

LRB

Well, he COULD have checked the website.   Ahem.

Big grin

(ducks and runs from LRB)

I was on the stupid thing the last three days checking the weather! lol  What can I say, I have a problem with paying attention. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Damn you Mother Nature!!! It is snowing, what the fuck! .......... most likely the warm 40s will melt it all tomorrow but damn it, the trails are taking long enough to dry up with all the rain and ice and snow we had through January and February - they don't need more saturation!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hey everyone, sorry I've been absent. I was away for a few days for a work trip and had to work earlier today. My running took a hit this week with the trip, but I did manage a 5k PR today. DH, some friends and I ran an afternoon race sponsored by one of our favorite watering holes. All the proceeds go to fight childhood cancer and there was pizza and beer. It was winning all around.

As for the race. One of our friends won outright, and I got second (out of 24) in my age group. My gun time was 23:55. My former PR was from this same race last year and was 26:39, so I'm pretty happy with the time. The weather was iffy this morning as it was pouring, but it stopped in time for the race. It was about 50 and overcast during the actual race which was great. The course was somewhat hilly but not too bad for this area. DH finally broke 30 min. He actually came in just under 28:00 and he only runs about 10 miles a week, so he was thrilled.

O"Brrrrrrrrien - congrats on your PR and nice outfit!

LRB - sorry you had a tough race. You'll kick some ass here soon, I'm sure.

D2 - Hell yeah on the BQ!

LRB

Damn you Mother Nature!!! It is snowing, what the fuck! .......... most likely the warm 40s will melt it all tomorrow but damn it, the trails are taking long enough to dry up with all the rain and ice and snow we had through January and February - they don't need more saturation!

Um, you do know what brings May flowers?

Congrats Hobbit!