Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

Here's a great shot taken about 2-3 minutes after I left the guys to head home.

That's home page material right there yo.

Cyberic

Yep, it was taken without the guys knowing by a passerby. I hear the pic won a contest in some "Friends of the mountain" group on Instagram.

Cyberic

Oh! You were serious! Nice!

Cyberic

10K result:  41:45.  It's hard to run these things fast when going into them with zero rest (literally a zero day taper).  Considering the leg fatigue though, I am happy with the result.  11th overall and the AG win.  2 for 2 in 2017 AG wins!

Warm up + race + cool down = 9.2 miles.

Dinner with the Oskis tonight.

That's very nice!

Cyberic

Someone should probably call the police... Cause I murdered my long run :P 15 at 8:04 average.

It took me a while realize (had to convert the pace in metric in my mind, and I'm old). That's a great run!

Cyberic

There is a thread out on RA that may or may not help you decide.

On second thought, not that interesting. I just went through the thread and it did not amuse me as much as I thought it would.

From the Internet.

How do you like the Catalysts? Did you really pay $37 for them?

I love them, this is my second pair, but will be sticking with my Tempos for really long long runs/the marathon itself. I got 2 pair of the Catalysts at the 'House for about 50 apiece and had a $25 Mizuno promotional gift card thing, so ~37 each! Shoe bargains make life worth living.

Zelanie

10K result:  41:45.  It's hard to run these things fast when going into them with zero rest (literally a zero day taper).  Considering the leg fatigue though, I am happy with the result.  11th overall and the AG win.  2 for 2 in 2017 AG wins!

Where is our swag report?

LRB

I love them, this is my second pair, but will be sticking with my Tempos for really long long runs/the marathon itself. I got 2 pair of the Catalysts at the 'House for about 50 apiece and had a $25 Mizuno promotional gift card thing, so ~37 each! Shoe bargains make life worth living.

lol

I ended up buying the 22s for $99 versus $126 for the 23s for pretty much the same reason; saving money!

LRB

On second thought, not that interesting. I just went through the thread and it did not amuse me as much as I thought it would.

Oops. 

LRB

That's a pretty solid effort Son. And boo to the genius that put that little bump at the finish. Huffing and puffing up that thing is not exactly how you wanna finish a10k. 

LRB

delicate flower

That's a pretty solid effort Son. And boo to the genius that put that little bump at the finish. Huffing and puffing up that thing is not exactly how you wanna finish a10k. 

It's a false flat.  It doesn't look like a hill.

I'm looking at my log from last year when I did three winter 10K's.  Coach had me doing three easy days leading into each of them.  This year I've had hard workouts all week, and my legs were definitely not feeling rested.  It'd be nice to get a good idea of how I could do with a few days of taper.

<3

DavePNW

Where is our swag report?

For realz. Of all people.

7 miles in new shoes. Warmed all the way up to 32, which was good enough for shorts. A pretty nice day, even sunny out! Going to see Hidden Figures this afternoon.

Dave

LRB

For realz. Of all people.

7 miles in new shoes. Warmed all the way up to 32, which was good enough for shorts. A pretty nice day, even sunny out! Going to see Hidden Figures this afternoon.

It's been well received.