Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Looking at my Gucci it's about that time (Read 44 times)

LRB

Good morning,

Training for my fall race begins today, with a rest day, of course! The dark mornings are slowly creeping in, what waits are the cool temps that make fall training so pleasurable. We still have to get through this month though, which to date, has been brutal in terms of conditions. No rush there, I can wait.

What's up with you today?

on my way to badass

Gonna do something and watch some athleticos do their thing.  I've been home from vacation for 2 days and I need to make some progress on the laundry.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

From the Internet.

Rest! And this is a cutback week for me, so the challenge will be not shoveling too much food in my face, ha. Getting close to race weight!

Plans finally made for the Falmouth Road Race this weekend, super excited for that! Family friends the next town over have a guest room and said they'd be happy to put me up and feed me dinner, it'll be nice to see them and catch up Smile

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Watching lots of 3000m SC this morning, men's qualifying heats at 9:25 am ET and women's final with all 3 Americans at 10:15 am ET. This evening I'll watch the men's 800m final at 9:25 pm ET. It will be interesting to see how Sydney McLaughlin, who just turned 17 last week, does in the 400m Hurdles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  I lost an hour of sleep last night on account of that 100m race.  WORTH IT.  Speaking of races, my race week has finally arrived.  I've got a three day work week to get through first, which will be tough because it'll be busy and I have to *try* to focus on that.

2100 yard swim done this morning, which is the longest workout on my schedule this week.

<3

LRB

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles.  Decided on a cutback week since I'll be in court every day but today and I have to travel to PR to see my mom.  If I have time to run, it will be a miracle.

Go, Phil.

Damaris

Brilliant

Good morning!

I have yoga this morning.  It will be too hot to run outside when I'm done  - heat advisory today, expected high of 101   - so I might head to the gym for a brief bout on the treadmill.

Cyberic

Ran 8.

Gotta do something else than watch the olympics on my last week of vacation, ffs.

LRB, you'll have a 12 week cycle?

D, have a nice trip.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, I leave on Saturday and return Sunday but that cuts my time for a proper LR too.  I think it's the perfect time for a cutback week. Smile

Damaris

Cyberic

Started reading the Jack Reacher books. I've read 4 already. Last time I liked a novel character like that, it was Richard Sharpe. I think I might have liked Sharpe a little better, but it's been a while, I don't recall exactly.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Started reading the Jack Reacher books. I've read 4 already. Last time I liked a novel character like that, it was Richard Sharpe. I think I might have liked Sharpe a little better, but it's been a while, I don't recall exactly.

If they are like the movies, they should be nice to read.

Damaris

LRB

Ran 8.

Gotta do something else than watch the olympics on my last week of vacation, ffs.

LRB, you'll have a 12 week cycle?

D, have a nice trip.

Yep, 12 weeks is perfect (for me) allowing for a gradual but steady buildup to highest mileage and longest run (weeks 7, 8 & 9) and proper recovery from them. Anymore than that and running becomes a chore and I fucking hate it.

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Yep, 12 weeks is perfect (for me) allowing for a gradual but steady buildup to highest mileage and longest run (weeks 7, 8 & 9) and proper recovery from them. Anymore than that and running becomes a chore and I fucking hate it.

How long are you going up to for your long run?