Beginners and Beyond

Rise and shine Sundailies! (Read 39 times)

delicate flower

Hello, all you rays of sunshine!  Happy Sunday!  I trust you all had a pleasant and restful evening.  I was up at 6:30 thanks to DOG...too late to go back to bed, and too early to really do anything.  So, I relax for now.

I've got a pretty hard workout day planned:  5 mile run, 20+ mile bike, 5 mile run.  Looking forward to it.

Whatcha got!

<3

Yo.

Heading out for 12ish in the rain...but better now since in a few hours the forecast calls for "heavy thunderstorms" the rest of the day. If they take the trouble to add the word "heavy", I figure there's something to it. Also not a good sign for the graduation party we're going to later. But maybe will get me out of lawnmowing.

See ya.

Dave

LRB

Yo.

URD # 10.

I dreamed I was running. Damn it was so real, I miss it.

I am going to try to get back at it this week, in the meantime I would like to work up a sweat doing something. What exactly that will be I have no idea.

Let's start with coffee!

happylily

First LR of this cycle: 17 miles.

Enjoy your Sunday, guys!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Little Blue

I am going to try to get back at it this week, in the meantime I would like to work up a sweat doing something. What exactly that will be I have no idea.

If you were here, you could do that by standing still.  Currently 77, dew point 73, on the way to 95.  The highs for the next four days are 98, 100, 99, 98.

I'm going out shortly for 3 or 4, plus some miles walking.  Or puddling.

LRB

...98, 100, 99, 98.

Damn, those look like my test scores from the Class Clownery 101 class I took back in grade school. lol

Be careful in that crap!

Cyberic

Yo. Coffee is done. I'll be heading out the door for a long run with 2 GUs today. I dunno if I'll take the 20mg cafeine or the 40 mg cafeine ones. I bought two of each, but don't know if I'll see the difference trying them one week apart. Still, that is the plan: one week take two 20mgs, and the other week, take the 40 mgs.

For the past weeks, I head into my long runs walking for about 20 minutes to bring DD to her climbing lesson. I would not normally "waste" 20 minutes before my run, but I think it's a great little warmup for the legs before the long run.

Baboon, your day sounds like a duathlon or something... if so, good luck.

LRB, maybe you could go mow Dave's lawn. That would make you both happy!

LRB

How are you feeling babe? Refreshed I hope?

Cyberic

17 miles? A LR? For you? Are you feeling ok?

LRB

Yo. Coffee is done. I'll be heading out the door for a long run with 2 GUs today.

I tried a 40 mg caffeinated gel on a long run exactly once. The reaction was so bad that I never did that stupid shit again. lol

Maybe by working up to it using the 20 mg one first may make the difference...or maybe I am just a wuss. Yeah, I like that better.

Have fun!

happylily

How are you feeling babe? Refreshed I hope?

Not too bad. No achiness anywhere, so that's good.

You have a home gym, right? Is there anything there you could use?

happylily

17 miles? A LR? For you? Are you feeling ok?

No. I actually feel a little embarrassed calling it a LR, but that's what Pfitz calls it, so what do I know...

I'm sure the effect must be different between the two GUs, but I've never really felt it myself. It's good that you experiment. But don't forget to run a few LRs without any fueling also (but I think that's what you do usually anyway)

LRB

You have a home gym, right?

It looks like Lou Ferrigno lives up in the piece. lol

The thing with running exercises though is all you really need is a mat, a stability ball and resistance bands (for the most part).

A BOSU ball would be a great addition, and I actually have one in my cart on Amazon (it's been there for a week),  I just have not pulled the trigger on it yet.

delicate flower

Baboon, your day sounds like a duathlon or something... if so, good luck.

No duathlon race today, but training for two of them.  I wanted to run 8 miles today but I also wanted to bike, so I decided to do a race specific workout instead.  Anywho, getting ready to venture out now.....

<3

LRB

A BOSU ball would be a great addition, and I actually have one in my cart on Amazon (it's been there for a week),  I just have not pulled the trigger on it yet.

Done. Thanks lily.

It was actually $8 cheaper today than it was last Monday. Thanks lily!