Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

I have had this set since forever but didn't think much of the fizzy, aerator thingy until you kept mentioning it. I finally tried it last night and one word for that; AMAZEBALLS.

Right?!?!?  So much.

While I may or may not try to make an even number at the end of a route, I will not end a run at 6.66 miles.  Because bad juju.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was supposed to celebrate my one year anniversary of my knee surgery with 10 miles.  Mile 2.5 and the vet called,oh, Bugsy's globulin has actually gone up instead of down.  Like we said before, could be his stomatitis or could be cancer.  WTF!  So, taking him back to the vet tomorrow to do another test that might shed some light.  Ran 6.06 and quit.  Just didn't have any heart to run left.

This bozo has to live. HAS TO!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

D - I'm sorry about the bad news regarding Bugsy. I hope they can figure it out.

Dave - the only time I do out and backs is if I'm on a rail trail or canal towpath. I like loops. Same with hiking, though there I usually have less choice. My only OCD quirk is wanting to finish at .2 or .3 rather than .24 or .27. I'll run past the house or car to make it come out even or stop a little short of the house and walk the rest.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. Most of my routes are loops, so whatever I end up with is good enough.

LRB, glad you caught your check.

Docket, hope you can get some answers from the vet.

KCRuns

Here's a visual aid. I ran from the point I took the picture till just past the puddle, bending down three separate times during that period trying to get it. Then I decided to run past the check, and let it come to me, which it did, just past the second car on the right. FINALLY.

Not pictured is about a dozen windows on the right, also known as my audience.

They had front row seats! No wonder they were all watching and laughing!

delicate flower

Post-work exercise completed.  40 minute tempo run with 6 x 3:00, then I got home and hopped on the bike trainer for an easy hour just because I felt like it and wanted to watch the last episode of Westworld.  Today was a rare swim, bike, and run day.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks.  Either way, I want to know.  if it's cancer, we'll love him until he is gone.  But he deserves to live a long life. This cat was abused, dumped, and suffered too much for being 5 years old.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Dave - the only time I do out and backs is if I'm on a rail trail or canal towpath. I like loops. Same with hiking, though there I usually have less choice. My only OCD quirk is wanting to finish at .2 or .3 rather than .24 or .27. I'll run past the house or car to make it come out even or stop a little short of the house and walk the rest.

+1

sdWhiskers

After doing legs and core last night, I met with my trainer for some upper body torture after work today. So now my entire body is sore. I've been injury free for my entire running lifetime so this stuff certainly pays off for me.

Currently trying to convince DH we need a hot tub....for recovery.

Cyberic

Today was a rare swim, bike, and run day.

Beast

Italiana626

The Latecomer

Ok, you people have convinced me that I need to log on during the day, to keep up. Too much good stuff to wait until 11pm!

LRB - Hilarious mental and then actual picture. Gotta say, I would've been watching and fist pumping too. Fuckers.

Docket - Best wishes for your furry one.

LM - I don't run in the 6's too often, but when I do, I LOVE to try to finish at 6.66! It's really just a number that has this crazy 'significance' attached to it, that it never asked for. (F)Buck that trend and do it anyway.

8 miles after work. As for working up to 40 miles/wk, I definitely agree with adding a 6th day. I've recently added a 6th to get to 50 consistently, and it hasn't felt any worse for wear. The extra day is a little shorter than the others, which helps mentally. Doubles are a possibility, but that would only work for me on Sunday. Not ready to do that yet.