Beginners and Beyond

Soul-Sapping Saturdailies (Read 35 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning you Crazy People.

My son has been up since 3 AM, I wanted to get my 10 miler in today since tomorrow has loads of thunderstorms, looks like that's not going to happen.... If I have any chance of getting it in tomorrow, I'll have to get up at like midnight or 1 AM to beat the storms that are predicted to come in around 3 or 4 AM.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

'Morning.  Weekend.  Sorry about all that, FreeSoul.

I'm at my race 90 minutes early because parking. Had a dream last night that I ran a 17:08 5K and was confused because there was no way that was possible, come to find out only the first 2.6 miles of the 5K officially counted but you got credit for the entire thing, and so I was happy and bummed at the same time.  Yeah I don't know.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

On another note, we finally got more details back from the funeral home that took care of my dad. The coroner and funeral home said if my father had lived through the heart attack he would have lost one leg or both a year later. The arteries/veins in his legs were so deteriorated that they couldn't get the embalming fluid through all the way down to his feet so his legs were decomposing at regular pace during the funeral visitation and burial which explained the rotting corpse smell. The final hour before he was carried to the Hearse, you could hardly stand within 10 feet of his casket.

I know Type 1 Diabetes runs in my family and poor circulation in extremities like legs and feet are a symptom, I can't say that based on that I know I have it but it does worry me. I know I have poor circulation, especially down to my feet. I know the occasional swelling that causes the numbness and pain in my feet are from poor circulation, I know there are other causes for it and I want to research. Anything that can help me figure out how to make things easier or prevent it or whatever, because having to take weeks off from running due to my feet and shins feeling so brittle is miserable. I just wish I knew who to actually go to so I can start figuring this out.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

'Morning.  Weekend.  Sorry about all that, FreeSoul.

I'm at my race 90 minutes early because parking. Had a dream last night that I ran a 17:08 5K and was confused because there was no way that was possible, come to find out only the first 2.6 miles of the 5K officially counted but you got credit for the entire thing, and so I was happy and bummed at the same time.  Yeah I don't know.

It's alright, I will figure it out.

I have dreams of where I'm either trying to run away from someone or can't, or I'm trying to hit/fight someone and my punches are doing nothing. I once had a dream that I was trying to fire my gun at an attacker but the bullets went so slowly that when they reached the attacker they just fell to the ground.....

PRs

Good luck! Your #1 race goal today: do not hurt yourself.

I had my first marathon dream of the cycle a couple nights ago; I showed up at the starting line but had forgotten my shoes. Not the first time I’ve had that one either. OK then.

And aes it’s another weekend, but I hope I don’t have to go into work like last Saturday. It turned out to be the right thing to do then, to help make sure shit got done. Today there is still a lot of critical shit that needs to happen, and I’m afraid no one’s minding the store. So we’ll see; I will at least be checking in.

Dave

LRB

I once had a dream that I was trying to fire my gun at an attacker but the bullets went so slowly that when they reached the attacker they just fell to the ground.....

8 on stream stream grade.

while the 9s and the 10 I did recently were good for the mind, they were a bit too much for the body ... 8s more appropriate right now

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, more like it just slowly bounced off of them and fell to the floor.

PRs

Half Crazy K 2.0

Freesoul, are you sure it's type 1 and not type 2? Type 1 is insulin dependent (you have to check blood sugar before & after meals, take insulin shots, etc). Type 2 can (but not always) be controlled by diet.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Just woke up but I feel a tad tired. All those sleepless nights in SC are catching up to me but hopefully I'm getting it back little by little.

I have 6-8 miles tonight.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Freesoul, are you sure it's type 1 and not type 2? Type 1 is insulin dependent (you have to check blood sugar before & after meals, take insulin shots, etc). Type 2 can (but not always) be controlled by diet.

Do either one effect the arteries/veins and circulation? I know my dad and uncle did not take care of themselves, my uncle lost his right leg up to his knee because it was basically rotting away and my dad was on the same path. My grandpa (their dad) is taken care of though, as far as upkeep. I haven't looked into type 2 though.

My dad and uncle were in good shape though as far as weight, but heavy smokers and my dad was also a heavy drinker.  I do know that my mom's sister is most likely coming down with type 2 though, she is sedentary and overweight and having other difficulties.

My grandpa has loads of ailments, a variety of cancer.

I was looking at pics of my dad and uncle from just 10 years ago, they were in very good shape at 49 and 50. But my dad's health started declining about 5 years ago, weight loss and muscle loss. He sunk deeper into his drinking and drugs, my uncle who really only smokes became a hermit and about 2 years ago when he hadn't shown up to work for like 7-14 days they called his parents who went to check on him. The smell of rotting flesh hit them as they opened his door, he was just sitting in his recliner, his right leg rotting with gangrene. The doctors removed it up to the knee and were worried that they'd have to take the entire leg and some of his left leg but so far he's been managing.

PRs

Half Crazy K 2.0

Do either one effect the arteries/veins and circulation? I know my dad and uncle did not take care of themselves, my uncle lost his right leg up to his knee because it was basically rotting away and my dad was on the same path. My grandpa (their dad) is taken care of though, as far as upkeep. I haven't looked into type 2 though.

Both can. Type 2 is more common in adults and a big risk factor is being overweight.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Both can. Type 2 is more common in adults and a big risk factor is being overweight.

They weren't overweight at all, actually in great shape when their health started declining. Sadly both heavy smokers and my dad was a very heavy drinker, along with other drugs. I edited my post above yours.

PRs

Half Crazy K 2.0

They weren't overweight at all, actually in great shape when their health started declining. Sadly both heavy smokers and my dad was a very heavy drinker, along with other drugs. I edited my post above yours.

Inactivity and family history can be risk factors. Here's some info from the Mayo Clinic on type 2.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 79 miles on a beautiful morning. 50s, dry, and no wind is pretty decent biking weather.  I'm really looking forward to 60+ weather, so I can leave the tights, gloves, and extra shirt at home.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.