Beginners and Beyond

Soul-Sapping Saturdailies (Read 35 times)

onemile

Ran the half with my RP and his friend.  Took off the timing chip and declined the medal.

Cyberic

Ran 20. About 5 miles at MP with a 20 yo who's training to go sub 1:30 in a coming HM (same one I'm doing) , turned around when he was done and caught up with my usual Saturday RP who was doing  loop after loop of the botanical garden at 3:15 MP. Did maybe 2.5 with him and jogged home, on tired legs.

Cyberic

Ran the half with my RP and his friend.  Took off the timing chip and declined the medal.

Is the time in your log good? You would have gotten a medal with that time? 

MTA: Oh! I get it. A finisher's medal. I'm dumb. 

Cyberic

Nice ride PR.

Have a good race Baboon

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got a kid's birthday party at 3 and possibly a little bonfire this evening. If the bonfire doesn't happen and DH comes home at a decent time, I might get my run in then.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RunningOnSand

Good morning, all! I slept 11 blissful hours last night, and slept through my run. I'm okay with that, though, because of how exhausted I've been. Clearly, I needed the sleep. I'll run tomorrow instead.

Dreams are weird. I've had some funky ones lately, too.

GinnyinPA

FreeSoul - diabetes is easy to test for. Go to a doctor and get it done. We have a neighbor who has lost all his fingers and toes to the disease. With your family history, you need to know. You might also ask about PAD - Peripheral Artery Disease. That affects circulation and can cause strokes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FreeSoul - diabetes is easy to test for. Go to a doctor and get it done. We have a neighbor who has lost all his fingers and toes to the disease. With your family history, you need to know. You might also ask about PAD - Peripheral Artery Disease. That affects circulation and can cause strokes.

This.  You can live a great life and be healthy and stuff but you can't outrun your genetics.  Mine is BP and no matter how much I do, I'll be on pills for the rest of my life for that. Get it tested and if you need medication, do it.  It might be the cause for your recent issues too, so at least having an answer will help.

Damaris

onemile

Is the time in your log good? You would have gotten a medal with that time? 

MTA: Oh! I get it. A finisher's medal. I'm dumb. 

Oh yeah. I ran the half course. Volunteer was going to give me a medal and saw I had a marathoner bib and said oh you get a different medal and I said no thanks.  U can check Strava to see

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Agree, and my sister just confirmed that my grandpa takes insulin for his.

Getting proof would at least possibly make sense of these issues that have come up over the last 2 years. And maybe it wouldn't be so disheartening when it comes up.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Oh yeah. I ran the half course. Volunteer was going to give me a medal and saw I had a marathoner bib and said oh you get a different medal and I said no thanks.  U can check Strava to see

So, gonna log it as a race, for your team?

6 miles in a drizzle. Felt nice and easy, like the taper is already doing me some good.

Dave

DavePNW

I slept 11 blissful hours last night

Even Baboon is like wow, that’s a lot of sleep!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, gonna log it as a race, for your team?

She should.  She did those miles during a race.

Damaris

Cyberic

She should.  She did those miles during a race.

So she says... she doesn't even have a medal to prove it. I say we need at least one pic to make it official.

I wouldn't want my team to finish 2nd, behind her team, by 1 tiny point... that would end up being this race 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So she says... she doesn't even have a medal to prove it. I say we need at least one pic to make it official.

I wouldn't want my team to finish 2nd, behind her team, by 1 tiny point... that would end up being this race 

You can run extra to make up for that in like one heartbeat, so stop whining. Wink

Damaris