Beginners and Beyond

Track TuesDAILIES (Read 21 times)

sdWhiskers

LOL. 10K Marathon.

I was about to post the same thing! Hopefully 10k and marathon 

MTA oops I missed your comment that it's a 10 MILER, lol

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

5.5 for me this morning. Then 18 minutes on the bike then to PT. More sore than I would like post-PT but., hopefully, it's doing my hammies and glutes some good.

This kid is insanely good:

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a36579509/hobbs-kessler-high-school-1500-meter-record-portland-track-festival-results/

I wish I had caught one of his high school meets...might still have a state meet

Last night was coconut crusted cod on the grill.  I buy it from the fish counter at the food store.  The coconut crusts up really nice, but it tends to stick to the tin foil no matter how much Pam I spray on the foil or how many times I move the fish with a spatula.  I can't figure out a way around that.

Parchment would be my suggestion....for the grill fish on parchment, parchment on the foil would be my experiment

Half Crazy K 2.0

LOL. 10K Marathon.

I'm sure this 10k marathon is going to piss people off. It starts at a shopping center with a Wegman's, which is a hot destination, especially on weekends. Oh, and the early part crosses highway entrance & exit ramps. What could possibly go wrong there?

I don't think it is a full closed road course, which will be interesting. Once you leave the shopping & highway area, it's all narrow country roads with no shoulder. This is horse country, so you will have pick ups towing horse trailers on the narrow roads.

I'm also guessing some of the fun runners are gong to be suffering. There are only 3 water stops and it's bring your own bottle only. No Gatorade on the course. It's supposed to be 90.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If Miami can close access to Miami Beach during the Miami marathon, you can surely close this successfully. People will bitch and whine but really, do you need to go to the supermarket at 8am? Can't people sleep in on the weekend, lol.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

If Miami can close access to Miami Beach during the Miami marathon, you can surely close this successfully. People will bitch and whine but really, do you need to go to the supermarket at 8am? Can't people sleep in on the weekend, lol.

If you want to beat the crowds, yes. It sounds like it's not going to be fully closed roads. I guess just make sure drivers stop on the highway exit ramp?

DavePNW

Can't people sleep in on the weekend, lol.

I wish. Anyway, I want to hear more about the new bookshelves!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If you want to beat the crowds, yes. It sounds like it's not going to be fully closed roads. I guess just make sure drivers stop on the highway exit ramp?

Miami would close only one lane of the bridge and we would be running in rush hour traffic at 7am. People partying and coming back to the mainland for example. Lol

Damaris

sdWhiskers

do you need to go to the supermarket at 8am? Can't people sleep in on the weekend, lol.

8am is sleeping in!

DavePNW

8am 6am is sleeping in!

I can’t remember the last time I slept past 5:30. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

8am is sleeping in!

Not for non-runners! Well, when you have kids I assume you can't sleep in for the next 99 years, but I don't have that problem. 

Damaris

DavePNW

Not for non-runners! Well, when you have kids I assume you can't sleep in for the next 99 years, but I don't have that problem. 

Our current problem is our dog thinks she’s a rooster and needs to wake with the sun at 5:00.

Dave

Cyberic

The kids problem disappears quick enough. I’m simply wired to wake up early. Even when I was a teenager I was waking up ultra early compared to my friends.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I thought cats demanded food while humans are trying to sleep?

sdWhiskers

I thought cats demanded food while humans are trying to sleep?

I have trained both my cat and kid not to wake me up early. It's the damn birds outside!