Beginners and Beyond

Sluggardly Mondailies (Read 20 times)

sdWhiskers

I thought you were going buff-free now?

My default has been to wear it. I planned to stop wearing one except for my LRs which are normally is more crowded areas. However, at 6am lately I'm lucky to be wearing 2 matching shoes. So I keep grabbing a buff 

Went to the Padres game yesterday and there was no change yet in mask rules (everyone masked unless in your seats eating/drinking or the drunk lady barfing in a trash can in just the 2nd inning lol). I'm curious to see if my work makes a change this week. We're obviously very science driven and do not deal with the public.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I really doubt it...

Yep. I'm not sure what rock she has been living under the past 18 months.

DavePNW

when does taper start?

Not soon enough! This will be another pretty big week although volume may be down a tiny bit, certainly <80. Then things will ease up.

Dave

DavePNW

That's what, 2/3 of the usual number?

But at that point, what's the difference between 33,000 and 50,000?

Srsly. Like with Boston, 20k instead of 30k. 

Dave

DavePNW

I jacked up my back swimming this morning, but like any respectable runner, I ignored the pain and ran anyway.  Felt fine...actually feels better now.  We'll see in an hour or two though.  5 very easy miles done.

When my back gets jacked up so I can barely walk, somehow I can usually still run. The first half mile or so is an awkward stiff limp, but then it generally loosens up and is OK. Then after cooling down I go back to barely walking again. 

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

These are....interesting

sdWhiskers

When my back gets jacked up so I can barely walk, somehow I can usually still run. The first half mile or so is an awkward stiff limp, but then it generally loosens up and is OK. Then after cooling down I go back to barely walking again. 

When my back locks up, which seems to happen about once per year, it's 8 hours of not being able to move. At all. There's no running or walking.

CA just announced there will be no changes to the mask mandate until Jun 15. So I assume masks will still be required in all inside places, which I'm ok with.

DavePNW

These are....interesting on my FB news feed EVERY DAY. 

this

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

These are....interesting

I have so many questions. First I was like that's not a bad color, followed by why is a banana in the back, then to why is Run Happy banana related?

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have so many questions. First I was like that's not a bad color, followed by why is a banana in the back, then to why is Run Happy banana related?

I guess it is this season's theme? Brooks seems to come out with seasonal color schemes, I think one year it was bright solid colors, I want to say it was modeled after a popsicle. They also had a Run Happy tank for women & t-shirt for men with lots of bananas on it. Oh, found some pics on Google that there were ice cream themed shoes.

DavePNW

You are probably overthinking it. I assume they are just trying to be quirky and whimsical. Someone in a marketing meeting said “how about a banana theme, runners like bananas,” and the marketing director said “OK, let’s run with it!”

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

You are probably overthinking it. I assume they are just trying to be quirky and whimsical. Someone in a marketing meeting said “how about a banana theme, runners like bananas,” and the marketing director said “OK, let’s run with it!”

If you're going with a banana theme, put it on all the apparel, cause I imagine someone in the marketing meeting was thinking "hey, is that a banana on your shorts or are you happy to see me"

DavePNW

I was just looking at Space Coast to see if Baboon & I are racing on the same day again, but I guess not. It's on the same day as Seattle which I did last year, but if I do CIM that's a week later. Also noticed that the start time is 6:00 AM, and shuttle buses start to pick up from the hotels at 3:45 AM.  Have fun with that. Although maybe that's not as bad as a Disney race, IDK, but you won't catch me doing one of those either.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was just looking at Space Coast to see if Baboon & I are racing on the same day again, but I guess not. It's on the same day as Seattle which I did last year, but if I do CIM that's a week later. Also noticed that the start time is 6:00 AM, and shuttle buses start to pick up from the hotels at 3:45 AM.  Have fun with that. Although maybe that's not as bad as a Disney race, IDK, but you won't catch me doing one of those either.

There is no need to take the buses, though. We park like right by the finish line or thereabouts (for free).

And yeah, even 6am for that race is FUCKING LATE due to the weather.

Damaris

DavePNW

There is no need to take the buses, though. We park like right by the finish line or thereabouts (for free).

And yeah, even 6am for that race is FUCKING LATE due to the weather.

When you say it starts too late, you mean it starts later than the last ice age, because there is no time of day when the humidity won't destroy you.

Dave