Beginners and Beyond

MARATHON MONDAILIES (Read 54 times)

B-Plus

Taking a bus ride for what will seem like forever for a big group long run back to my hotel. 26.2 planned.

MothAudio

Good luck! The bus ride was always one of my favorite parts of the race.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Good luck Boston people!

SRD for me.

Dave

happylily

Why, why, why? When will I learn that just because I can doesn't mean that I should? Feel like 36f, rain and 20 mph winds. If I'm lucky I will miss the bus. sigh...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Taking a bus ride for what will seem like forever for a big group long run back to my hotel. 26.2 planned.

Okay that's early.

We will see you and the others in the Boston thread!

LRB

Why, why, why? When will I learn that just because I can doesn't mean that I should? Feel like 36f, rain and 20 mph winds. If I'm lucky I will miss the bus. sigh...

It might be your best race ever.

happylily

It might be your best race ever.

LOL

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

LOL

I could do without the wind of course but those temps look fabulous. Good luck lily!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6-7 miles tonight.  Why the fuck is my hamstring sore when all I did was 1000 squats while cleaning the closet?  Apparently, housework makes you sore!

Good luck, B+, Lily, and everybody running Boston!  Have fun!

Damaris

From the Internet.

Good luck Boston runners!

9+ miles with 3x2 miles a little faster than GHMP, felt great. Running around work for an hour trying to get a bunch of things done then heading up to watch the marathon! Big grin

delicate flower

'Morning!  'Marathon!

I had a very nice three day weekend, and today looks promising with no meetings on my calendar (always subject to change though).  I've got an easy recovery run on the schedule today.

Rain and 20-30 mph east winds in Boston today (i.e. headwind).  That kind of sucks.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did race #18 for the year on Saturday:    http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/e17be450ea404feba7890967437e883c/resume#focus

Right before I left, I took this photo of father-and-son.  I was with them on the course for most of the race.  The little man won first in his young age group - which is why he has a sombrero, first place winners got a medal and a sombrero.  I think this is one of the best photos I've taken at a race in my many years of races photo-taking, I really like this photo.

photo 085_zpskz7doga0.jpg

Today is a non-running day for me.  Plan on doing weight training after work, I have been procrastinating in that area.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is an awesome photo, scotty!

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

good luck to everyone doing Boston!

Housework certainly makes me sore, Damaris - plus I'm allergic to it.  That's why Gail does it.  Good luck with your miles tonite.

Congrats on your miles, Lauren!

Enjoy your easy miles, Baboon.

No Boston watching for me, working and meetings today....bummer...I was hoping to catch a glimpse of the lovely Lily on the course... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt