Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES - Waking up tired beats not waking up (Read 32 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 11.5 foggy miles.  I started out lethargic and foggy-headed, but after a few miles I found my groove.  It didn't get rid of the actual fog, but my it turned into a good run.  I'll take it with a smile.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello.  2500 yard swim done...my first swim in a week.  Bike workout later.

Have a great day!

And you as well!

<3

bluerun

Super B****

3.85 miles (that Strava insists is 3.84, even if I "correct distance," so rude) ... 10x30" on, 30" off, and the thought of a PR on Thursday is hilarious because A. my leg is pissed off and B. running fast for thirty seconds felt arduous.  Well.  And I was treated to a couple of very brief but very unexpected downpours.  Got home to see Accuweather says "rain will start in 26 minutes."  Yes, thanks.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Alarm set for 4:30 but woke up at 4:22 anyway. OK then.

8 miles.

Dave

onemile

Alarm set for 4:30 but woke up at 4:22 anyway. OK then.

8 miles.

What time do you go to bed?

From the Internet.

Morning! It is cold and rainy so I'll run later. Easy miles with maybe a couple of quarter miles at 5K pace just to feel it out. I looked at all my pace graphs from this year's 5Ks and I have been consistently going out WAY too fast (low 6s). A PR is definitely in order - I ran the last mile of my half marathon faster than my current 5K PR pace so I absolutely should be able to wring out a good 30 seconds no problem - but I'm going to keep missing my ultimate goal if I keep running like a dummy.

Cyberic

Did not run commute today   Had a bunch of stuff to bring to the office to plan for being able to run commute and still go to the indoor track at lunch, on the same day.

Will make my first appearance at the said track at lunch. Idea would be to run fast, but I'll try to ease into it for a couple of weeks, as the sharp corners are difficult for my aging joints to get used to when I'm really going at it.

KCRuns

Good morning!  I ran 3 miles to work and I took my sweet time doing it.  The duckies were out for their morning swim, and I stopped to watch them for a few minutes.  We had some snow flurries overnight that finally stuck to the ground, so I had to walk through some slippery spots.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Since I slept next to nothing the night before, I took a sleeping pill last night.  Closed my eyes at midnight and didn't reopen them until 7 minutes past my alarm and made myself late for work by 5 minutes, grrrr.  But boy, imagine a sleep that does not wake you up 300000000 times a night.  It's so nice.

Damaris

DavePNW

What time do you go to bed?

I like to be in bed by 9. Usually asleep by 9:30-10:00. Although sleep is a crapshoot for me & anything can happen.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Since I slept next to nothing the night before, I took a sleeping pill last night.  Closed my eyes at midnight and didn't reopen them until 7 minutes past my alarm and made myself late for work by 5 minutes, grrrr.  But boy, imagine a sleep that does not wake you up 300000000 times a night.  It's so nice.

Eh??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Not sure what you took, but this is what I get with Ambien, and it's an amazing, wonderful thing.

Dave

LRB

I tried an Ambien once. It worked great until about 2:00 am, which is no different than any other night. And melatonin is the equivalent of a jelly bean.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not sure what you took, but this is what I get with Ambien, and it's an amazing, wonderful thing.

Yes, it was wonderful.  But I cannot take that shit every day.

Damaris