Beginners and Beyond

Sub 2 Saturdailies (Read 36 times)

LRB

Nope. PR is 25:37 on 11/4/12. My log on here doesn't go back that far.

Well then it's a log PR, yay!

LRB

Baboon finished his 26.2 mile easy jog in 3:23:09. Which is still 30 sec faster than my PR. But a lot slower than Kipchoge.

That's a bit impressive actually...for what it was anyway.

LRB

I ran 6.

It was 43 and windy so I broke out the light tights and long sleeves. I wouldn't have worn either of them for anything long, but was dressed just right for today's duration.

RunningOnSand

I’ll usually just get a drip coffee, but sometimes an Americano, and sometimes just espresso.

Espresso = win. All the time. and in Seattle you really can't go wrong with drip coffee.

Nope. PR is 25:37 on 11/4/12. My log on here doesn't go back that far.

I'll agree with LRB about it being a log PR! Big grin Woot!

Baboon finished his 26.2 mile easy jog in 3:23:09. Which is still 30 sec faster than my PR. But a lot slower than Kipchoge.

Awesome job, Baboon!!!! Looking forward to reading his RR. Was this marathon kind of like a time trial for Space Coast to see what kind of shape he's in? I don't remember reading about this as a goal marathon (I'm pretty sure it's not), or if his coach had him doing this as part of a (long-assed) workout?

I was laughing to myself about Kipchoge's time...it was half the time of my most recent marathon.  And I'm really not shaming myself (and I don't feel badly about myself), just more in awe over what the human body is capable of doing. So, so awesome.

I was in Tahoe. I had already made my mind up that I was going to hate because I've never liked it. The selection was a premium choice, and as I got to the bottom of the glass, it had kind of had grown on me

LOL, this is almost always the case with me with new alcohols! I had a Manhattan last weekend that I was initially unsure of, but I was jonesin for another one by the end of the 1st (I somehow had the mental capacity to not order one--I think one more of them would push me over the edge!). 

RunningOnSand

I ran 6.

It was 43 and windy so I broke out the light tights and long sleeves. I wouldn't have worn either of them for anything long, but was dressed just right for today's duration.

What about gloves? (Aren't your hands almost always cold?)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Well then it's a log PR, yay!

Nope. Log PR is 26;10

Cyberic

Oof, that's rough. You've put your cards on the table and will most likely be viewed as an obstructionist (in her mind) from here on out. Is an apology out of the question?

I will apologize for my  behavior at least to everyone who was in the meeting other than her. To her, I still don't know. I might. Might not, either. I do not willingly do things unless I'm sincere.

Cyberic

Good job!

RunningOnSand

Nope. Log PR is 26;10

3rd place log PR then? Big grin LOL.

ETA: if it is actually a 3rd place PR (if I'm reading it accurately, which is subject to scrutinization, ha!) then you podium'd on your log! Big grin

DavePNW

Awesome job, Baboon!!!! Looking forward to reading his RR. Was this marathon kind of like a time trial for Space Coast to see what kind of shape he's in? I don't remember reading about this as a goal marathon (I'm pretty sure it's not), or if his coach had him doing this as part of a (long-assed) workout?

He was just using this as a LR. Even a bit slow for him.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Ah, thanks!

LRB

I will apologize for my  behavior at least to everyone who was in the meeting other than her. To her, I still don't know. I might. Might not, either. I do not willingly do things unless I'm sincere.

I can dig it. As a professional though, decorum dictates that you should. You can be sincere without altering your stance on the issue(s) or your personal feelings about her. I am not trying to say that you were wrong or trying to needle you or anything, we're just kickin' it.

LRB

What about gloves? (Aren't your hands almost always cold?)

When the temps drop below 45 ish, that's a given. They were the thin one dollar knit ones.

Baboon

delicate flower

True, and I trained right through this, and will be back at it tomorrow.  I ran this by effort, and I certainly got slower as the race progressed, but the difference here is that I didn't care too much and didn't fight to hold my pace.  This was actually the best I have felt in a marathon thanks to the effort, and at no point did I get that "Holy shit this race just needs to end" feeling.  I mean I got tired, but I did't get marathon tired.  Right now I feel like I do after any other LR.  I was shooting for a 3:25, so this was perfect.  I don't know about my placement...I ought to go look at that.

<3

sdWhiskers

Coffee...gross. Sure you can dump a bunch of sweet stuff in there but then what's the point?

It took me 2 years and many tries just to break 2 in the HM. Wow, just wow.

I had an amazing LR today. 18.5 miles with 8 mi progression (MP to HMP). Temp was cold for here at 57ish when I started at 5:45am. But was up to 70s when I finished. Average for the entire run was just a little slower than MP. But the most important part was that I felt strong the entire time! Those runs are rare. DS is getting over sickness and now DH sounds like death so I'll be quarantining myself for the foreseeable future.