Beginners and Beyond

NYE SunDAILIES (Read 37 times)

RunningOnSand

Happy NYE, folks! What are your plans? Ending the year with a run?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning and Happy New Year!

I have 12 miles and weights today.

Damaris

LRB

Happy NYE, folks! What are your plans? Ending the year with a run?

I was going to end it with a race, actually, but that all went out the window last week with the arrival of a crap-ton of snow and sub-arctic ass temps (relatively speaking), which is why I pulled the plug on running during the week.

Oh, there will be people there racing all right (also known as racing the course and conditions), but to me, racing in temps in the teens and single digit wind chills ain't racing at all (I've done it, it's stupid), so I will be back on the belt. Blah.

The last day   It was a good year for me. Looking forward to what 2018 brings. 2018mi is a good goal but if I can reach my race goals on less I will be happy. If I didn't injure my hip flexor I may have done 2000 I got 1955mi.  2 full years of running for me now.

I wasn't going out in this mess...as much as I hate the TM I got on and got it done. It was a much better workout than I would have done outside. I may do some more TM work this week.

4mi up 8:30 working down to 7:50's easy

5mi @ MP 6:50

1mi down 7:15> 8:30

Felt great. Was barely breathing at 6:50 but my legs were still a bit fatigued from Fridays hills and I could feel it that way.

Watched the documentary Boston last night...what an inspiring movie. Seeing the old photos and video of the race is just incredible. One day I'm gonna have to do it just because...well its Boston...Maybe when I turn 40 and the kids are a little older. No way I can put in the long runs right now with 2 little ones.

Nothing going on tonight for me really. Making some fish and chips with DW and will probably be in bed by 9

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

bluerun

Super B****

I plan to not leave the house at all until tomorrow morning... if I'm doing a race then, I can't join my teammates for their run tonight, even though it's followed by fireworks, which I love.  I will have to love them from a TV screen while I am in my warm house, after which I will immediately be able to get into my warm bed.

20 trainer miles + 7.1 AlterG miles, because that's how many I needed to run to get to 1200 hours on RA.  My neck is still not loving me, but it's better than it was a couple of days ago, so I guess I don't have meningitis.  (I never really thought I did.  Just to clarify.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Hi! I ran 5 miles in a balmy 8 degrees, and -10 when the wind kicked up. It was tolerable but slow going on slick roads. I am in Vermont now where it is -1 sans wind. Fixing to go for a snowshoe hike this afternoon.

Happy New Year! You guys be safe...call me if you need a ride home since I don't drink.

<3

Cyberic

I'm taking an out of character RD today. My stupid cold is endless, so I'm thinking a day off *might* help a little. Not sure, but I like to try things Smile

The fact that it's still minus 2000 sure helped my decision. And the fact that running or missing another easy run won't change a thing in my 2018 races.

LRB

I may go this route after thinking about what LRB & Ginny said.  620,that's a lot of watch for me!  My head could explode when I open the box!

It's not that it's a lot of watch per se, it's just that if you need to know every aspect of it before you run with it, it can be overwhelming. I usually just set my watch up to show me what I want initially, then learn about it over the course of the days, weeks and months that follow.

The 620 is an excellent choice in my opinion.

LRB

I ended up running 8 on that rickety ass treadmill in the corner of my basement. I hate that thing with a passion but didn't feel like going out into the ridiculousness that is the weather outside today just to run. Now I will go out for pizza later.

sdWhiskers

8 miles this morning instead of the planned 17-18. My congestion is better but my energy is non-existent. I work with a coach and her response was better to be sick now than for the race in 2 weeks.

1547 miles for me this year! 965 last year so moving in the right direction. No injuries and PRs in 5k, 10k and HM. 2017 was a pretty good running year for me.

No plans tonight. Will probably let our little guy stay up to 9pm to watch the ball drop on the East coast. Sometimes PST is a good thing  

Runshortii

I have 4 I need to get my lazy butt out for at some point. Feeling a little better after the wedding after having a bloody mary 

bluerun

Super B****

I am officially registered for the Jerusalem Half... booked a flight and hotel and everything.  Now I just need to cross every available body part that this works out better than it did last year.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

6 miles
                            33 for the week
                            100 for the month
                            2680 for the year

Dave

onemile

11 miles in 11 degrees

onemile

I am officially registered for the Jerusalem Half... booked a flight and hotel and everything.  Now I just need to cross every available body part that this works out better than it did last year.

I'm jealous