Beginners and Beyond

NYE SunDAILIES (Read 37 times)

DavePNW

I'm jealous

I hope you can get your trip rescheduled at some point.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I'm jealous

I wouldn't be jealous of me for something that hasn't happened yet

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I wouldn't be jealous of me for something that hasn't happened yet

I'd be happy to have something scheduled!

bluerun

Super B****

I'd be happy to have something scheduled!

Fair point, I've just learned from past experiences that it's not worth it for me to get too happy about such things because that makes it so much worse when I am disappointed

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I hope you can get your trip rescheduled at some point.

Gracie goes back to the surgeon next week and he is going to decide what to do with her remaining wound. Most likely she will need a skin graft which will mean another surgery and 3-4 weeks of cone time, bandage changes, follow up appointments etc.

Then I have to forget that I just spent money on a vacation I didn't go on

And about the 10 grand I spent on my dog.

Once the pain of that wears off, I have to find a place I can trust to board them.......

GinnyinPA

The streets here were icy; there was just enough sunshine yesterday to melt some of the snow around the edges, but it was cold enough to freeze it hard again - so I did my five on the TM.

43.8 for the week, 184.8 for the month, 2025.9 for the year, a record for me.

No more marathons

I finished the year off with a nice 2 mile walk in 30 degree temp.

I will start the new year with a 1 mile track "race" (really just a bunch of locals that have done this for each of the past 4 years) at 9:00 AM tomorrow - temp should be about 15.

I did get a short run in yesterday to keep my at least once a week run streak alive at 467 weeks, dating back to the week beginning Jan 19, 2009.  My "race" tomorrow, then one more run sometime in the week of Jan 8th will give me 9 full years.  And then I take a break.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

breadnatty08

4.6mi recovery this afternoon following my 40mi fatass mountain race yesterday I signed up for 4 days prior.  Cause why not sign up for a 40miler like that?   Finished the year with 3837mi, about 100 or so more than last year.

Find me on Strava

Coastal

4.6mi recovery this afternoon following my 40mi fatass mountain race yesterday I signed up for 4 days prior.  Cause why not sign up for a 40 miler like that?   Finished the year with 3837mi, about 100 or so more than last year.

Details?  Nosy inquiring minds want to know....    Damn nice yearly mileage.

SRD -- thought long and hard about going for a run but decided not to.  The Y is closed tomorrow but the weather should be dry so I'll be able to get out on the road.  Guess I'd rather get in the mileage next year than this year .  No real plans for tonight.  GF is feeling better but still not 100% so will probably just hang out till she gets tired.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just enough miles (2.8) on the treadmill to get me over 1600 for the year. I probably should have shut the fireplace off, instead of running outside in the 20 degree weather, I ran in 75-80 degrees in the basement with the fireplace going.

Just got an e-mail that the prediction run the running club puts on is cancelled for tomorrow due to cold. More for the volunteers than anything else. Those in the really cold places, laugh away.

oldfartrunner

Nice miles everyone!  I don't know how many I got?  Probably 40+ per week over the years. Will know next year cause the holy log will keep track for me.  Spaghetti and movie on tap for us tonight. Watch out for the crazies!

See ya all in 2018!

Cyberic

The streets here were icy; there was just enough sunshine yesterday to melt some of the snow around the edges, but it was cold enough to freeze it hard again - so I did my five on the TM.

43.8 for the week, 184.8 for the month, 2025.9 for the year, a record for me.

Great mileage!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Gracie goes back to the surgeon next week and he is going to decide what to do with her remaining wound. Most likely she will need a skin graft which will mean another surgery and 3-4 weeks of cone time, bandage changes, follow up appointments etc.

Then I have to forget that I just spent money on a vacation I didn't go on

And about the 10 grand I spent on my dog.

Once the pain of that wears off, I have to find a place I can trust to board them.......

Sad

Damaris

LRB

Just enough miles (2.8) on the treadmill to get me over 1600 for the year. I probably should have shut the fireplace off, instead of running outside in the 20 degree weather, I ran in 75-80 degrees in the basement with the fireplace going.

Just got an e-mail that the prediction run the running club puts on is cancelled for tomorrow due to cold. More for the volunteers than anything else. Those in the really cold places, laugh away.

The New Year's Resolution Run in Flint was cancelled today as well. I'm not sure how long that event has been held but that's gotta be a first.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

12 on the TM done.  1946 for the year, lowest in 5 years.  188 miles for the month, second highest for this year.

Damaris