Beginners and Beyond

Penguins' February Weight Loss Challenge (Read 69 times)

DavePNW

At the 5k I ran today, post-race spread included hot dogs, meatballs, cookies & brownies. I had a banana. 

Dave

happylily

Fat free yogurt is a dreadful snack. And tabouleh and humus do not constitute a winning lunch. How am I supposed to run on that? I hate dieting.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

hog4life

Post run this morning was a Cliff bar and Gatorade. Then several cups of coffee with that fancy creamer. I made lunch of brown rice, chicken, peppers/onions and rolled it up in soft tortillas with some shredded cheese and a little taco sauce. I had 3 of them Sad

Half Crazy K 2.0

As backwards as it sounds, I do better with portion control & sweets if I allow myself ONE daily treat. Problem is, over the holidays, I would have that one treat and pick at chocolate & other stuff all day long. Add to that the amount of stuff that would appear at work, and it adds up.

My treat of choice:

Zelanie

I'm the same way, actually.  If I have something awesome to look forward to, then I'm able to stay away from the crap much better.  Crummy cookies at work?  No problem if I'm going out for cake later in the week!

But yeah, lately I've been grazing at work AND having the cake.  That's gotta stop.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm the same way, actually.  If I have something awesome to look forward to, then I'm able to stay away from the crap much better.  Crummy cookies at work?  No problem if I'm going out for cake later in the week!

But yeah, lately I've been grazing at work AND having the cake.  That's gotta stop.

For me, I think it's that after the so-so cookies or whatever got left on the work counter, I still want something good. Plus, with the holidays, there is way more chocolate in the house than there should be. However, the 2lbs of peppermint bark has lasted a lot longer than usual, so that's a good sign.

on my way to badass

18 people is great!

My sister just brought over 2 dozen KRISPY Kreme DOUGHNUTS. I hope I can stay strong. I did run 8 miles today though. (No! Shut up inner voice)

Traci, is your sister this mean on a regular basis? Or is this a one off event? KK dounuts feel like you are eating nothing.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

From the Internet.

I had a dream that I was eating all of the desserts at work thanks to this thread. The cookies were still warm, it was very realistic.

Back to counting calories like a good girl. Giving up alcohol for the next few weeks because I'd rather spend those calories on actual solid food, especially since I'm not running even half of the miles I'd like for who knows how long. I have a vat of washed lettuce in my fridge for salads, making a crockpot full of buffalo pulled chicken today, and I am not a fake-food type of person but I even bought 60 calorie sugar-free Jello pudding things to see if I can satisfy my sweet tooth with those.

GinnyinPA

Lauren  - I like the chocolate sugar free puddings, esp. when I get a chocolate craving.

Lunch out was chicken Caesar salad - much better than yesterday's disaster of a diet day.

Zelanie

I'm finding it easier just not to start than to have "a little bit" of something.  At my conference yesterday, I skipped the snack and the dessert table, and didn't have any of the trail mix that was out on the table.  Today might be a different story since I have my first track workout in forever tonight and should probably have eaten well during the day.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Good job guys and nice challenge.

I'm out though unlike LRB I do weight myself religiously.  Using a withings scale and keep that shit on a log keeps me pretty close to where I want to be.

Amazonian Princess

Meeting in 55 minutes with a dessert bar for the department directors birthday - nooooooooo

I can. I will. I am. 

on my way to badass

Meeting in 55 minutes with a dessert bar for the department directors birthday - nooooooooo

That is just mean. So sorry you are being tested like that.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Wish my co-worker hadn't brought Munchkins to work today.

Amazonian Princess

Made it thru the meeting without dessert - I made myself look at a picture DH took while I was running uphill. Visions of thigh wobble made it easy to just sip water

I can. I will. I am.