Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES Don't Eat the Green Snow... (Read 50 times)

delicate flower

'MORNING!  Drive by posting........

1:15 on the spin bike yesterday and my legs got gassed before my knee got sore....a great development.  Gym workout this morning:  shoulders plus 60 legs presses with more weight.  Progressing nicely.  I'm about to hop on the spin bike again for who knows how long.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

<3

Tom, great job with the four. I'm glad they felt good.

Dave, no worries. Eat well and take that shower!

Phil, amazing workouts. I'm glad that you're progressing well.

I'm off to take a nap before going to the gym to do weights and ab work.

YAYpril - B-Plus

'MORNING!  Drive by posting........

1:15 on the spin bike yesterday and my legs got gassed before my knee got sore....a great development.  Gym workout this morning:  shoulders plus 60 legs presses with more weight.  Progressing nicely.  I'm about to hop on the spin bike again for who knows how long.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

That is GREAT news. Smile Keep it up.

4 miles done, culminating in a 40.7 mile week. It's my first official 40-mile week and I'm ecstatic! The miles were done a little faster than recovery but slower than easy. I kept my breathing super easy and my legs felt good so I just went with it.

Jess runs for bacon

Dave, that awesome!!  Barely survived myself, better than Disney but not by much. What do you think of the blanket? Nice way to end that brutal wind at then end.

April, congrats on the new mileage PR!

happylily

I had a time trial yesterday at the track, with my coach. He said I ran my 10k in 43:43, but my watch indicated 43:20 something. I think he's playing with my nerves...

I had 18 on schedule this morning, but only ran 14 @ 8:31. I had a mental block. I hate it when this happens... I'll try to add another 6 or 8 later this evening...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Waited around till 11:00, still only 24 deg/feels like 13, so just decided to get to it. Path was a mix of bare pavement, fully-intact yesterday's snow, and everything in between. Not too bad really. Not nearly as many "joggers" as last Sunday when it was pushing 60 deg, but still quite a few brave Runners out there. I guess those "spring" races don't train for themselves. Also spotted a robin & a cardinal, and heard a woodpecker, presumably all very confused.

Anyway, got in 14.11 at a 9:24 pace. Felt very good, first LR in a while that I did not feel much of my nagging calf/shin/Achilles pain, or my lingering respiratory issues.

Now for lunch & a shower, then relax into my typical Sunday geek-fest of Meet the Press on the DVR followed by the NY Times crossword, and probably helping my daughter with math homework. How do you factor a 3rd degree polynomial again?

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

Dave, that awesome!!  Barely survived myself, better than Disney but not by much. What do you think of the blanket? Nice way to end that brutal wind at then end.

Thanks, dude! Glad you survived. Have a beer (or 4) and drink to recovery. Smile

Lily, great time trial. That's speedy fast.

DaveP, fantastic long run. I can't help you with the math problem - in college I needed 2 math credits for my core curriculum, and for some reason "Intro to Computers" counted as a math credit (my graduating class was the last eligible class to take it for math) so I took Algebra and that. Big grin

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

A little over 7 miles for me today. Body feels good post-race, but I decided to be smart and nix the long run idea that was dancing in my head.

looking forward to some more good weekend RRs.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Luke79

Well hell...I went and got myself into a 5k at the end of this month (see sig).  I'll go ahead and grab my sub 25 there, and see where my fitness is at I suppose.  It will be nice to run a 5k again, it's been since July.

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks!  Glad you had a better time than Disney, it was still a lil ugly out there tho.  The blanket is great!  I knew they had finisher's hats, but had no idea about the blanket.  It definitely helped, since I was an idiot and didn't bring dry clothes with me!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

@runjerseygirl

Kay, that's awesome.  I'm happy for you to hit double digits, and I know what that does for your confidence.  I'm assuming you weren't completely wiped out and sore when you finished?  Hopefully you can get a couple more of those in before race day.  I ran my HM with only 11 miles as my distance PR, so you should feel good about getting 10 in with a little more than a month left.

Thanks, Luke! I was okay afterwards. My feet started to get a little fatigued towards the end, but I think that was because I was in the last .1 and it was on a pretty intense incline. I suspect I was hitting the pavement pretty hard with each stride. I wasn't wiped out before I hit that hill, so that factor aside, I think I would have been okay.  I also did most of this run on a sheet of ice, which I think made it a little more challenging. There's no doubt in my mind that if this had been done in 50 degree weather, I would have felt even better at the end.  I'm a little sore now, but nothing that makes me think I can't do 11 next Sunday.

Do you even run?

Pancakes eaten, workout done sans hot tub and 7 miles in the books.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

23 miles for me.  Very nice run.  It was 75 at the end of the run and really hot but it still went well.  I made sure to run in green shorts since it was St Patty's

Bruce, um no thanks on green snow. NO snow period...

Beth hope the doggie is still well.

Waves to everyone else.

Waves to everyone else

Marjorie

Just B.S.

23 miles for me.  Very nice run.  It was 75 at the end of the run and really hot but it still went well.  I made sure to run in green shorts since it was St Patty's

Beth hope the doggie is still well.

Great run Marjorie!

Huge improvement in the last few weeks! I am so relieved. But now that he has his energy back I have to worry

all the time about him knocking my Aunt over.Roll eyes

Luke79

Thanks, Luke! I was okay afterwards. My feet started to get a little fatigued towards the end, but I think that was because I was in the last .1 and it was on a pretty intense incline. I suspect I was hitting the pavement pretty hard with each stride. I wasn't wiped out before I hit that hill, so that factor aside, I think I would have been okay.  I also did most of this run on a sheet of ice, which I think made it a little more challenging. There's no doubt in my mind that if this had been done in 50 degree weather, I would have felt even better at the end.  I'm a little sore now, but nothing that makes me think I can't do 11 next Sunday.

Sweet.