Beginners and Beyond

Sunny Sundailies (Read 45 times)

LRB

I don't know how you full marathoners do it. Smile

We eat a lot. 

Nice run!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

D, you are a badass. And congrats on getting that close with such an undesirable situation Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MY WINDOWS ARE OPEN!

LRB

MY WINDOWS ARE OPEN!

It's not bad out, not at all.

Hi Dailies:

Free - happy birthday to your little guy tomorrow

Lily - enjoy the ice capades

onemile - oneweek!!!

Baboon - you are only part baboon now.  Also gazelle and barracuda.

Lauren - cool, good to hear that the dry needling works

Rick - anything outside today is a good thing

DaveP - holy crap.  Safe travels.

Zel - exorcise the race demons

cjones - yay, taper

HCK2 - sweet, that's a big PR!  Congrats!  Looking forward to the RR

D - awesome result, that is nothing to be disappointed about.  You are totally on course to blow your PR out of the water when the asthma behaves.

Ric-G - good sunday to you as well

Cy - helpful info for some, surely

3.1 this AM, RR coming up.

Ric-G

weather is nice...in any case i won't complain about heat here knowing what you guys go thru with 8 months of winter

...glad you're windows are open jay.

Thanks. How's the weather out there, any cooler?

marathon pr - 3:16

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

16 uber hard miles. in shorts and tshirt.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Mmmmm...beer

Great job Damaris, Zel & Half Crazy!!!

I took 3rd overall in my first race since coming down to South Carolina, ran a 20:07 at the Altamont 5k. (there was also a half and marathon at the same time, with 3k and 6k feet of elevation respectively, I'm not quite ready for that type of elevation yet lol Only 640ft of elevation change for the 5k).  This RD has a penchant for tough courses, he has a new race in August, yes, an ultra, in the south, in August, but wait, it gets better, almost 19k feet of elevation change.   It's called "Death before DNF" lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

weather is nice...in any case i won't complain about heat here knowing what you guys go thru with 8 months of winter

...glad you're windows are open jay.

I think the dailies are the safest place on the internet for whining about the weather.

Yeah stay away from that D2. lol

Jay, that's an impressive new 5k VDOT you got there bro!

workinprogress11

Great job Damaris, Zel & Half Crazy!!!

I took 3rd overall in my first race since coming down to South Carolina, ran a 20:07 at the Altamont 5k. (there was also a half and marathon at the same time, with 3k and 6k feet of elevation respectively, I'm not quite ready for that type of elevation yet lol Only 640ft of elevation change for the 5k).  This RD has a penchant for tough courses, he has a new race in August, yes, an ultra, in the south, in August, but wait, it gets better, almost 19k feet of elevation change.   It's called "Death before DNF" lol

That race would kill me so it would be death and DNF. I love that name.

Congratulations on 3rd overall in your first SC race!  I bet the local runners are wondering "who the hell is that guy?"  Congratulations to Damaris, Zelanie and Half Crazy too.

10 easy for me today.

Zelanie

Snuck up incognito on the course so it didn't know to dish out the bad luck. We had a great run. I stayed with my RP through the spot where she passed out last year, then she went ahead. We ran mostly MP or a bit faster the whole way, picked it up at the end, passed everybody the whole way. Great day! I think I have over 17 miles on the day with our warmup and recovery jog.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

4 miles done today. Did them at Randolph Air Force Base, starting from Rambler Fitness Center. Was going to do a weight training circuit after my run, but Mother Nature decided to dump a lot of rain on my while I was out there, so I got thoroughly wet - and had a lot of fun splashing in all the puddles. Got back to the gym and passed on the weight training as I decided it probably would not be nice to subject the other gym goers to my wet dog smell.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Little Blue

Nice racing, everyone!  I'm pretty glad I'm not out there, with all the pollen.  Running in a mask makes for terrible race photos!

I took my back for a test spin today, 4 miles walk and 2 miles run.  Seems OK.  This after several hours of weed pulling yesterday, and washing walls at an apartment.  The rest of my muscles were saying "we haven't done this in a while, and that was just fine," but I ignored the whining.   I see the chiro again tomorrow, but I think possibly he has it nailed.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Birthday to your Little Angel!  Here you go...

http://www.bluemountain.com/ecards/birthday/magical-fairy-birthday/card-3283501

This morning I ran 10 miles, my hamstrings/piriformis area seem to be agitated again, following very closely to using the hyper back extension thing Tuesday and Thursday so unfortunately no more of that. Hopefully, stretching and foam rolling will help it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is my little angel's birthday, this awesome guy has blessed my life for the last 3 years and is becoming quite the little man I've only ever dreamed he will be. Love him so much!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

I took 3rd overall in my first race since coming down to South Carolina, ran a 20:07 at the Altamont 5k

Sweet!

Lori - nice 16

Rick - thanks

LB - keep away from that pollen