Beginners and Beyond

Friday, September 30 (Read 42 times)

LRB

'Sup.

It was dark, wet windy and rainy again this morning, but I got a window and was able to run 7. It was nice to be back outside, even in the darkness after yesterday's trot on the belt.

'Sup?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.6 on another beautiful morning.  Low 50s and dry makes baby Jesus smile.  I'm workfree today, so I'll brew 5 gallons of goodness and enjoy it.

Have a kickass day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 7 and weights tonight.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 5 windy, rainy miles that I sure hope are not a prelude to Sunday.  I can't predict my finishing time, but I can predict my placement: seventh OA, fourth AG. 

In other news, I don't like registering for races too early because I can't rely on my body to hold itself together, so I was waiting until today to register for a couple whose prices increase tomorrow -- one is a flat, fast 5K that I had to DNS last year, and the other is the Turkey Trot that I also had to DNS last year.  Well.  The 5K was sold out.  So, like any reasonably sane person, I registered for the half instead, because why wouldn't I want to be out $60 instead of $40?!

But it is a flat fall half, which I initially nixed as a marathon indicator because I felt like it might be too close to NYCM, and how I ended up registered for a race that is so not like me.  If I miss my goal this weekend because of the weather (vs. missing because I suck), I might be tempted to try again.  I just need my body to hold itself together!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Boom shakka lakka!  It was dark and windy for my early morning 4 mile jog and I had to break out the long sleeves for the first time this season.  HOORAY!!  ALL the deer were out this morning.  I saw nine of them.

Speaking of the belt, I've managed to go almost three months since my last treadmill session, though that streak is certainly closer to its end than its beginning.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bluerun, the half is a better deal. $4.58 per mile as opposed to $12.90 per mile for the 5k.

delicate flower

We need an October race thread ffs.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun, the half is a better deal. $4.58 per mile as opposed to $12.90 per mile for the 5k.

Ha, I know -- it does seem insane that a 5K is $40 and the half is $60.  But I want a 5K PR (I never seem to run 5Ks in anything but terribly hot and humid conditions), and that wouldn't put my body through quite as much stress!  And if I really cared about such things -- I could place in this 5K, but not the half.  All a moot point, though.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

So start one

chasing the impossible

delicate flower

So start one

No because then I have to keep it updated and fts.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Boom shakka lakka!  It was dark and windy for my early morning 4 mile jog and I had to break out the long sleeves for the first time this season.  HOORAY!!  ALL the deer were out this morning.  I saw nine of them.

Speaking of the belt, I've managed to go almost three months since my last treadmill session, though that streak is certainly closer to its end than its beginning.

I wish I can say that soon.  I'm on my soon to begin 8th month of TM running.

Damaris

LRB

Last winter wasn't bad at all. Another one of them shits would be wonderful.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Listen!  Some here are working. Pfffttt.  I'll get on it soon.

Damaris

LRB

I ran 5 windy, rainy miles that I sure hope are not a prelude to Sunday.  I can't predict my finishing time, but I can predict my placement: seventh OA, fourth AG. 

In other news, I don't like registering for races too early because I can't rely on my body to hold itself together, so I was waiting until today to register for a couple whose prices increase tomorrow -- one is a flat, fast 5K that I had to DNS last year, and the other is the Turkey Trot that I also had to DNS last year.  Well.  The 5K was sold out.  So, like any reasonably sane person, I registered for the half instead, because why wouldn't I want to be out $60 instead of $40?!

But it is a flat fall half, which I initially nixed as a marathon indicator because I felt like it might be too close to NYCM, and how I ended up registered for a race that is so not like me.  If I miss my goal this weekend because of the weather (vs. missing because I suck), I might be tempted to try again.  I just need my body to hold itself together!!

A 5k that sells out? They have those?

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 6.6 on another beautiful morning.  Low 50s and dry makes baby Jesus smile.  I'm workfree today, so I'll brew 5 gallons of goodness and enjoy it.

Have a kickass day folks!

How long will that last you? I had to google it (3,785 ml in a gallon, 1 bottle of wine = 750 ml) but for me, that would be 25 bottles of wine.