Beginners and Beyond

Traveling SunDailies (Read 21 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Just under 5 in temps just under freezing (but still in shorts).  Off to Boston soon for some college visits/tours.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 4.

Damaris

12.5, really slow: 4.8 stream grade, then 3mi of small rolling hills in the middle (actually 10 bits of the same hill), then the rest stream grade.

In a Galaxy  far far away in the future there’s a race that opens with 5 miles of flat, 3 miles rolling hills, 2 mile likely gentle climb, and then decline all the way home.

It’s all right hand roadcrown, so it’s just a pipe dream right now for me, but I might as well pick at training for the terrain.

ADDENDUM: hmm,

pipe dream

/ˈpīp ˌdrēm/

Origin

late 19th century: referring to a dream experienced when smoking an opium pipe.

Baboon

delicate flower

I ran 18 miles at marathon pace (7:14).  I has tired.  58 miles for the week.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 miles. Finally broke out the light gloves.

sdWhiskers

3 miles. I've decided that DH was right...entire area by the hotel is super shady. Lots of people hanging out on street corners, stumbling into traffic, yelling, hitchhiking, very scary dogs...get me out of here.

DavePNW

3 miles. I've decided that DH was right...entire area by the hotel is super shady. Lots of people hanging out on street corners, stumbling into traffic, yelling, hitchhiking, very scary dogs...get me out of here.

Holy shit, that sounds like treadmill time to me. I’ve run in some pretty sketchy areas, but one time I was on a business trip to NY, had an early flight so stayed at a hotel near JFK airport. I took a quick look around and decided the treadmill was the way to go. 

8 miles, 70 for the week.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did my 63rd race of 2023 on Saturday, November 11 in downtown San Antonio.

Steps4Vets was is a 4-miler that supports the Endeavors Veterans Center, an organization that helps veteras and their family members with such things as helping to find housing, veterans homelessness, veteran suicide awareness and counseling, and so forth.  You can read my full report, with a link to the photos I took, at Scottydog Reports, my very clean blog that just has reports and photos - no adds, popups, etc.

Followed the 4-miler with a run/walk this Sunday morning. A bit of rain in San Antonio this morning, but when I got ready to go, it stopped, nice.  Still cloudy and threatening, but never did rain on me. I went out to do an easy post-race recovery run/walk of about 2 miles, but when I got out there, I was feeling really good, so just kept going.  I ended up doing my local area hill route - we have a lot of hills in our residential area - ending up with 4. 5 miles, 8 uphills and 3 downhills. Still dealing with these darn prostate cancer side-effects- but thankfully all the cancer is gone - so not a speedy run/walk, but even to I felt pretty strong the whole way. 4.5 in 1:02:17, averaging 13:51 per mile, with a negative split for Mile 3 - 4, nice.  58 degrees for during my run/walk, with humidity at 90%, jeez.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

DavePNW

Finally made it to The Marvels, sitting in the theater rn.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Finally made it to The Marvels, sitting in the theater rn.

Yay.

Damaris

DavePNW

Thumbs up!

Dave