Beginners and Beyond

Warm & Humid FriDailies (Read 19 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I've been so used to running in the cold that this morning's 55º humid weather actually felt like it was slowing me down on my 4-mile run.  The current forecast has our temp hitting 60º a bit later this morning, then plunging to 15º - a drop of 45º in 10 hours.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Didn't get a text about WFH today but apparently the calendar still had me on the old CWS scheduled as my off Friday, oops. Fortunately, the boss sent an email this morning and I didn't wake up early.

Feels like -35F here.

I have 5 later.

Damaris

delicate flower

Feels like -35F here.

Oof.  It is currently 59 degrees here.  That won't last more than a few hours, so I really need to get out and do my run.  The wind is whipping out there.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

It was 45 and pouring when I went to the dentist at 8. The drop should be coming in the next hour or so.

Guess it's about here. Just started pouring again with snow mixed in.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Long range forecast for my New Years Day 5k?  56º and 60% chance of rain.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Long range forecast for my New Years Day 5k?  56º and 60% chance of rain.

I am eyeing a 5K on that day and it's like 53F and raining too!

Damaris

Warmed up to 26, but with freezing rain, and it’s an ice rink out there. Airport runways are closed and all bus service is suspended. So...probably not a good idea to go run. Buncha FB community posts “How are the roads?”; every comment is basically “Stay the fuck home!” The warmup will continue however—30s and regular rain this afternoon, into the 40s & rain tomorrow. Hopefully everything melts enough for my group run tomorrow. Then the joy of running in slush.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OMG, my community page is doing that too. How are the roads? Who cares? Do you think you're going shopping or something? I really don't want malls and restaurants to be open because of people like that.

Damaris

Someone was bitching about garbage pickup being cancelled, saying “I used to live in Alaska and they always came, in much worse conditions than this.” News flash—this isn’t Alaska, buddy!

Dave

delicate flower

That won't last more than a few hours, so I really need to get out and do my run.  The wind is whipping out there.

Got 10 miles done and am thrilled I was able to fit it in.  I did my little .48 mile neighborhood circle 21 times.  I kept it close to home because I needed to stay tethered to work, and there are down trees all over the place so I did not want to venture out too far.  My neighborhood is usually very quiet, but traffic is being rerouted through it so there was unusually high number of cars.  Anyway, the wind wasn't too bad and rain had stopped, but it started to dump as soon as I finished the run.  #coolstorybro

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Someone was bitching about garbage pickup being cancelled, saying “I used to live in Alaska and they always came, in much worse conditions than this.” News flash—this isn’t Alaska, buddy!

Same here. Also, why should the trash people kill themselves for you? The trash will survive.

Damaris

delicate flower

LOL

On a related note, our neighborhood groups are constantly bitching about the power company restoration times and high rates, and I just read the comments like this:

<3

Leg still sucks, can’t even pool run…. Maybe next week

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Leg still sucks, can’t even pool run…. Maybe next week

Sad

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The warmup will continue however—30s and regular rain this afternoon, into the 40s & rain tomorrow. Hopefully everything melts enough for my group run tomorrow. Then the joy of running in slush.

The high today was in the middle of the night.  Temps are dropping all day and could reach single digits before midnight.  The rain turned to snow during my run/walk.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.