Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies and IT'S STILL DARK. (Read 45 times)

Ric-G

hooray pleasant!

nice pic with the doggies FS

19 miles this AM - started in the dark. glad that crap is done. wedding anniversary (50 years, wow) for a very nice couple later this afternoon. of course i'm wondering how the food will be.

saw "the martian" last nite and thought it was cool. time change is in 2 weeks - right? anyway, have a wonderful saturday everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Cyberic

In yellow shoes?? WTF yo, you getting soft on me?

When I read your post, I froze, wondering how the hell you came up with the yellow shoes? He's a goddamn seer, or something!  Then something clicked in my slow mind .

Yeah, I've had yellow shoes for a while now. Remember how I buy what's on sale? I prefer neutral colors, but will wear pretty much any color that is cheaper. The first few times with yellow shoes, though, were tough on my rocker pride. Right now, the only color I have a blockage against is pink.  We all have to draw the line somewhere. 

Some days I have pretty flashy shoes/t-shirt combinations, not  'wow' flashy, but rather 'omg' flashy.

DavePNW

Great job, PR!

If I can handle it, and recover decently- I'm all in.

Just be prepared for more speedwork making the pace slower on your easy days.

Dave

LRB

Just be prepared for more speedwork making the pace slower on your easy days.

That is pretty much the only side effect...besides getting faster, obviously.

LRB

I messed around and bought a giant bag of caramel corn yesterday. It's by G. H. Cretors and is called Just the Caramel Corn. It includes the line, old fashioned buttery caramel corn.

It is definitely buttery and yummy and tasty and delicious too. It is also the dumbest thing I've done this cycle geezus.

LRB

19 miles this AM - started in the dark. glad that crap is done.

You deserve a finisher's medal too!

Since congress effed up the time change, I couldn't tell you when it is. It used to be the last Saturday night in October, it might be a week later now.

DavePNW

Hey! 9 hrs sleep last night. Unfortunately not in a row - 3.5 hr gap in the middle.

10.5 miles with 3x2mi, at regressive pace.  Third one was really hard.

So I'm probably not doing the HM next weekend, partially because DW has made other plans for me, which helped the decision-making process. I might do one on 11/14. If anyone has any training suggestions for the next 4 weeks, I'm open to ideas; I've never trained specifically for HM before.

Dave

Little Blue

Time change is 11/1.  We have a race that morning.   Fortunately, if we screw up we'll be an hour early.

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats, PR!

15 miles on a rail-trail mid day. First 10 felt pretty good; last 5 my left side ached from heel to hip, per usual.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations PleasantRidge.  You did well.

8.5 on a cool windy day.  First time with long sleeves this season and I was wishing I had on long pants too.  Brr. Made me move a little faster though.

onemile

I ran 5.  It was about what I expected.

onemile

Hey! 9 hrs sleep last night. Unfortunately not in a row - 3.5 hr gap in the middle.

10.5 miles with 3x2mi, at regressive pace.  Third one was really hard.

So I'm probably not doing the HM next weekend, partially because DW has made other plans for me, which helped the decision-making process. I might do one on 11/14. If anyone has any training suggestions for the next 4 weeks, I'm open to ideas; I've never trained specifically for HM before.

I would do a sort of build up of goal HMP workouts.  Something like 6x1 mile, 3x2 miles, 2x3 miles

DavePNW

I would do a sort of build up of goal HMP workouts.  Something like 6x1 mile, 3x2 miles, 2x3 miles

OK thanks. Kind of what I was thinking of, which was why I just did the 3x2. But clearly could've done it better. What about for a second quality day?

Dave

onemile

OK thanks. Kind of what I was thinking of, which was why I just did the 3x2. But clearly could've done it better. What about for a second quality day?

I would do something shorter / faster but not super taxing... like 20x1 minute hard, 1 min easy or 8-10x2 minutes hard, 2 min easy.

Cyberic

I might do one on 11/14. If anyone has any training suggestions for the next 4 weeks, I'm open to ideas; I've never trained specifically for HM before.

Maybe the last 4 weeks of Daniels' half marathon plan from his Running Formula book?