Fridailies (Read 32 times)

Zelanie

Everybody out running?

LRB

Everybody out running?

More like slogging. lol

Zelanie

More like slogging. lol

Are you sick again or just having a crummy week?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I slogged through 6.6 tired miles.  The running parts have been busy this week, and they were tired.

Have a kickass day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Happy Friday, friends!  Swim Day #3 in a row...2600 yard masters swim done.  I was going to skip it, but DW was going anyway so I went with her.  I'll run after my haircut this afternoon....my first outdoor run in a week!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I'm running, yes.  6 or 8 miles after Pilates.

Poor husband asked to start Pilates so he has an introductory session after mine tonight.  I suspect someone will be sore as fuck later.

Damaris

LRB

Are you sick again or just having a crummy week?

Neither. I went 6 x 1000m at 5k effort Saturday, 14 long with a pickup for the last 3 Sunday, and had 7 with 8 x 30 seconds on the belt Tuesday. Couple all of that with the time change and I'm feeling pretty much like I should be, beat the hell up. lol

LRB

Morning!  I'm running, yes.  6 or 8 miles after Pilates.

Poor husband asked to start Pilates so he has an introductory session after mine tonight.  I suspect someone will be sore as fuck later.

Pilates is HARD. I sucked at it.

LRB

Everybody out running?

Yeah, for realz, people

Dave

onemile

Yeah, for realz, people

Are you getting back on the Pfitz wagon now or doing your own plan?

onemile

Neither. I went 6 x 1000m at 5k effort Saturday, 14 long with a pickup for the last 3 Sunday, and had 7 with 8 x 30 seconds on the belt Tuesday. Couple all of that with the time change and I'm feeling pretty much like I should be, beat the hell up. lol

When I do a workout on Saturday, especially a tough one like that, I have no ability to pickup the pace on Sunday! It's a long run slog.

To be more specific:

Dave

When I do a workout on Saturday, especially a tough one like that, I have no ability to pickup the pace on Sunday! It's a long run slog.

+1. It's especially fun when Pfitz has you racing a 10k on Saturday, then doing an 18-miler on Sunday.

(MTA: LRB has always done hard workouts on Saturday followed by a Sunday LR. He's stupid like that.)

And, yes to answer your question, going Pfitz again. I figure he still knows what he's doing better than I would; I don't know which things I would change, and why. And I'm still too cheap for a coach. This is the first official week, so there's still plenty of time to screw things up.

I have vacation and a bunch of business travel coming up, so will probably need to be flexible. And I will be working in races which may or may not be where he wants them.

Dave

No more marathons

Are you getting back to back workouts like those from the Coach?  Or are you making adjustments yourself?

There is NO WAY I could follow one of my Tuesday or Thursday quality workouts with a long(ish) run the next day.

And I hope Maggie doesn't give me any more on the long runs than the 12 I've got tomorrow.  Maybe she takes it easy on me because I'm OLD

MTA:  I'm heading out in a bit for an easy 4.  And it was supposed to be warmer today - but I don't consider 38 very warm.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!