Beginners and Beyond

Rest for the weary ThursDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

Stupid shin.

Blah.

What up?

Little Blue

Zilch.  Zippo.  Nada.

LRB

Zilch.  Zippo.  Nada.

We can be buddies.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

What up?

Ceiling, tree tops, clouds, sky, Moon, Sun, Stars. I'm in a weird frame of mind today...but then that's is also true most days.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I'm in a weird frame of mind today...but then that's is also true most days.

delicate flower

'Morning.  Got meetings most of this work day.  BOOOOOOO!

Tonight's run calls for a 90 minute tempo (30 easy, 30 tempo, 30 easy).  Ain't gonna lie...I am getting tired.  Lots of running on my schedule for the next three days, then taper.

<3

Little Blue

'Morning.  Got meetings most of this work day.  BOOOOOOO!

Tonight's run calls for a 90 minute tempo (30 easy, 30 tempo, 30 easy).  Ain't gonna lie...I am getting tired.  Lots of running on my schedule for the next three days, then taper.

So by your logic the other day,  you're mostly done working for today.

delicate flower

So by your logic the other day,  you're mostly done working for today.

Yeah, pretty much!  But I have actual work to do, so today's meetings are getting in my way.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Pilates and a flight to Paris, woohoo!  I work half a day though and have court, boo hiss.

Damaris

happylily

Morning.  Pilates and a flight to Paris, woohoo!  I work half a day though and have court, boo hiss.

Have a safe and pleasant flight! Post pictures of Paris as soon as you arrive!

I did not run yesterday, my legs were sore from the stupid workout I did the night before (5 miles downhill and 2 uphill. Ouch...). I will run some tonight, after work.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

workinprogress11

Have a safe and wonderful trip!  My daughter is in Paris right now too. She looks just like me but with more reddish hair,  Maybe you'll see her, haha.

SRD for me which works out well as its supposed to be stormy all day.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Looks like Rocky will be taking a break from running... he doesn't seem to be acclimating very well to the heat and humidity and has been lagging behind right out the gate/door, not sure if it is his medication or the heat but I would rather be safe than sorry. We did manage 5.3 miles this morning and Rocky got to meet a horse, and he actually sniffed the big guy's nose this time rather than freaking out like he did down in Tennessee lol.

Then it was off to the gym.

It was extremely warm in the gym this morning, I was sweating like Olaf in summer.
                          The focus this morning was on the shoulders and delts.

Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 12.5lbsX12reps, 15lbsX6reps, 3 sets of 12 reps - 12.5 lbs, 15lbsX8reps
                          Loaded Plate Shoulder Press: 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps
                          Rear Delt: 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps
                          Torso Rotation: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 60 lbs
                          Shoulder Shrugs: 22.5lbsX15reps, 25lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX12reps, 25lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX13reps, 27.5lbsX12reps
                          Barbell Upright Row: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 35 lbs
                          Front Plate Raise: 35lbsX10reps, 25lbsX14reps, 35lbsX10reps, 25lbsX14reps, 35lbsX10reps, 35lbsX12reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Thursday!  Got in 3.3 miles after work yesterday doing one of my YMCA routes.  Supposed to storm around here this afternoon, so I got up at 5 am., headed to the university gym and got a nice 3.2 miles in around the campus.  Of course, NOW I'm sleepy so my co-worker might catch me power-napping on occasion at my desk, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.2 hills.  Big computer issues with work.  I think they are resolved now.

LRB sorry I'm traveling so I missed it. What happened to the shin?

Marjorie

LRB

4.2 hills.  Big computer issues with work.  I think they are resolved now.

LRB sorry I'm traveling so I missed it. What happened to the shin?

I whacked it on something last Friday (I think) and it has gotten progressively worse ever since. Not so much while I run but afterwards with pain and swelling.

I was trying to manage it but finally decided overnight to throw in the towel. I am not going to run again until it has healed sufficiently.