Beginners and Beyond

Rest for the weary ThursDAILIES (Read 44 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I whacked it on something last Friday (I think) and it has gotten progressively worse ever since. Not so much while I run but afterwards with pain and swelling.

I was trying to manage it but finally decided overnight to throw in the towel. I am not going to run again until it has healed sufficiently.

Ouch.

Damaris

LRB

Ouch.

I wish I could remember what the hell I hit it on so I could go beat it with a flippin' hammer.

DavePNW

6 miles.

Dave

cjones1

The snooze button was not my friend this morning.  I should have just slept until 7am instead of waking up at 5, smack the alarm, sleep for 10 minutes, smack the alarm, sleep for 10 minutes, etc for 2 hours.  Smile  Had no idea I was doing it until my wife threatened to kill me if I didn't get up. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

onemile

I whacked it on something last Friday (I think) and it has gotten progressively worse ever since. Not so much while I run but afterwards with pain and swelling.

I was trying to manage it but finally decided overnight to throw in the towel. I am not going to run again until it has healed sufficiently.

It's amazing how you people manage to injure yourself NOT running. 

LRB

It's amazing how you people manage to injure yourself NOT running. 

Right?! Like runners need help getting injured, when the truth is we just fine on our own.

MTA: FFS.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

13 miles with 10 at tempo. Well sort of tempo. But we will call it good enough. I hate this plan. It better work. Taper starts Sunday. I can't wait.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

outoftheblue

My legs feel pretty normal, so I'm going to test things out with a short run today.

Ugh LRB, sorry about the shin.

Safe travels D!

cjones -- I've been right there with you on the endless snooze cycle.

Life is good.

Baboon

delicate flower

Morning.  Pilates and a flight to Paris, woohoo! 

Excellent!  Have fun, Docket!!

<3

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Right?! Like runners need help getting injured, when the truth is we just fine on our own.

MTA: FFS.

hmmmm...

A case of amnesia? or nerve deadness?

Imo if it was hard enough to cause issues post run (assuming the impact of the run is adding to the issue) I would look into other connections.

How is your bone density in general?  Have you been way up on mileage or speed work?

I have knocked the crap out of my shin and have it be sore in general - but not get worse post run.

Take care of that...

Eventually when we meet I need a healthy LRB to face off against!  Wink

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks!

So I have been wondering if Pilates has been helping my posture enough to be taller. I went to the nurse's office today to check my BP (still high but getting better since I dropped the meds) and my height. I have been 5'5" since I was 13. 5'6.2" now. Better posture!  Marj will be proud.

Damaris

Hip Redux

The snooze button was not my friend this morning.  I should have just slept until 7am instead of waking up at 5, smack the alarm, sleep for 10 minutes, smack the alarm, sleep for 10 minutes, etc for 2 hours.  Smile  Had no idea I was doing it until my wife threatened to kill me if I didn't get up. Smile

I might have told Mr. O that if he didn't turn off his alarm, I was going to shove the radio up his ass.  While I acknowledge the fact that he can sleep through anything, he now knows that if you wake me up earlier than I need to be awake, you will pay dearly.

LRB

hmmmm...

A case of amnesia? or nerve deadness?

Imo if it was hard enough to cause issues post run (assuming the impact of the run is adding to the issue) I would look into other connections.

How is your bone density in general?  Have you been way up on mileage or speed work?

I have knocked the crap out of my shin and have it be sore in general - but not get worse post run.

Take care of that...

Eventually when we meet I need a healthy LRB to face off against!  Wink

Never, ever had any bone issues or with the shin except for a brief period when I ran in Nike shox....yes, I did that. Hey, they were in the running shoe section alright!

My first run after the incident was at the track, I probably would have been fine had I taken the next day off, or the next, or the next, or the next but I did not.

Anyway, it got to the point where it started affecting my calf which was reality's way of saying, "Hey Stupid? Are you stupid?!

LRB

I might have told Mr. O that if he didn't turn off his alarm, I was going to shove the radio up his ass. 

I have to tell it in person or else it would be a waste of a funny story but the way something similar to this went down in my house about a decade or so ago was enormous. The ramifications of which are still felt to this day, all over the stupid snooze button!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I really don't understand the snooze button. The alarm rings I am up like the speed of light. I would never be able to get back to sleep.

Damaris