Beginners and Beyond

ThursDay Time! (Read 36 times)

DavePNW

Actually, Keto is 20g of carbs, like the first two weeks of Atkins and can go as up to 50g, which is the one I do.

I am not an expert. Suffice to say that keto is crazy low carb. I know it's way more restrictive than something like Paleo, where you can at least eat fruit and legumes.

Dave

All this carb talk your making me hungry. I don't get the whole zero carb diets people eat. I would not be a happy person. Love me some carbs.

So the hip hip flexor is still messed up. Its improving though so I really can't complain too much. I'm not doing as bad as I thought I would mentally with this little break. Actually enjoying it a little. Had a good 2017 race season. A little time off...hopefully like a week, will do me good. Got a hard year of training ahead for 2018. Need to be 100% going into it.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am not an expert. Suffice to say that keto is crazy low carb. I know it's way more restrictive than something like Paleo, where you can at least eat fruit and legumes.

The 20g is but I eat normally at around 50g of carbs and I can eat most things during most days, including martinis. Smile

I do cut bread, pasta, etc., for the day before my marathons and of course my donuts on race day. But the rest of the time, it's not that bad.  I can eat all the bacon I want...

Damaris

oldfartrunner

I got 7. Smile

LM: Nice job on the miles!  Yeah, they are both a couple of mutts.

LRB: The world runs on coffee and carbs.

Dave: Killer workout! ...I am basically on a carb/fat only diet. I have been trying to add more protein though.

Berto: ...50K DUDE!   No half assery now! We want Olympic Q times.

ZZ: You are a machine!

FreeSoul: Sad

Damaris: Heard Gaga is about done?  Might be the last time to see her. (until she needs moo money).

RunningOnSand

All this carb talk your making me hungry. I don't get the whole zero carb diets people eat. I would not be a happy person. Love me some carbs.

+1.

RunningOnSand

The 20g is but I eat normally at around 50g of carbs and I can eat most things during most days, including martinis. Smile

I do cut bread, pasta, etc., for the day before my marathons and of course my donuts on race day. But the rest of the time, it's not that bad.  I can eat all the bacon I want...

You're my kind of people!

RunningOnSand

Regarding foods: for my type of personality, I really can't purposefully restrict things I love. Because then I eat ALL OF THE THINGS after however long of restriction. I am a vegetarian, but mostly that's because I really don't enjoy meat at all. I never really have. And for a few months I was a vegan. I do love my cheese so much, though, and found that was so hard to give up. I physically do much better w/o dairy though. Which is a little sad to me. Sigh. So I just try to not eat cheese all the time. Only part of the time. Wink

Let's see if this works regarding national share a pic of your pet day:

Oh and today is a SRD.

DavePNW

Regarding foods: for my type of personality, I really can't purposefully restrict things I love. Because then I eat ALL OF THE THINGS after however long of restriction. I am a vegetarian, but mostly that's because I really don't enjoy meat at all. I never really have. And for a few months I was a vegan. I do love my cheese so much, though, and found that was so hard to give up. I physically do much better w/o dairy though. Which is a little sad to me. Sigh. So I just try to not eat cheese all the time. Only part of the time. Wink

I could probably cut out meat for the most part, but don't really want to. And as far as vegan, I'm not too big on milk or cheese anyway (although I have a yogurt every day). But I'd miss eggs - not so much eggs themselves, but a lot of the yummy carby things made with eggs.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Talking about carbs, my dad came to visit and cook dinner last night.  Of course, Puerto Rican dinner. Here is what he made:

This is called Pastelon de Amarillos (sweet plantains, ground meat, egg, and cheese (on top)).

And rice and beans:

I might still be full...

Damaris

RunningOnSand

I could probably cut out meat for the most part, but don't really want to. And as far as vegan, I'm not too big on milk or cheese anyway (although I have a yogurt every day). But I'd miss eggs - not so much eggs themselves, but a lot of the yummy carby things made with eggs.

Yes. This. I've actually made quite a few yummy carby goodness but with an egg substitute. And that actually works. But it's more when I'm out at coffee shops or wherever. And that was really hard saying no to all that yummy carby goodness. (I'm laughing because as I'm typing this I'm polishing off a huge piece of banana bread. Eggs and butter included )

RunningOnSand

Talking about carbs, my dad came to visit and cook dinner last night.  Of course, Puerto Rican dinner. Here is what he made:

This is called Pastelon de Amarillos (sweet plantains, ground meat, egg, and cheese (on top)).

And rice and beans:

I might still be full...

Holy Moly. If people made me things like that on the regular, I might rethink my vegetarian lifestyle. That looks amazing.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, Puerto Ricans eat like this DAILY!  I can't anymore.  Bleh.  But every so often, yum.

You can still do the pastelon with ground crumbles, just saying... And rice and beans if vegetarian. Big grin

Damaris

DavePNW

Yeah, Puerto Ricans eat like this DAILY!  I can't anymore.  Bleh.  But every so often, yum.

That stuff looks amazing. I never see PR food, but when we visit my parents in FL, there's a Cuban restaurant we always try to hit. Looks like pretty similar cuisine. Always must have plantains, love them.

Dave

delicate flower

Random question:  I (and Docket, presumably) just got an e-mail saying our Space Coast finisher certificates are available for free download.  Do people actually print these things?  I have literally never printed one.

<3

DavePNW

Random question:  I (and Docket, presumably) just got an e-mail saying our Space Coast finisher certificates are available for free download.  Do people actually print these things?  I have literally never printed one.

I forgot those things existed. I printed the one from my first half, and maybe from my first marathon, but naturally threw them out at some point.

Dave