Beginners and Beyond

ThursDay Time! (Read 36 times)

delicate flower

I forgot those things existed. I printed the one from my first half, and maybe from my first marathon, but naturally threw them out at some point.

I'll probably print my Boston one, although if I am not mistaken they actually mail you a physical one.  Speaking of Boston, I bet the 2019 jackets will be bright lime green with a picture of a turd on the back.

<3

DavePNW

I'll probably print my Boston one, although if I am not mistaken they actually mail you a physical one.  Speaking of Boston, I bet the 2019 jackets will be bright lime green with a picture of a turd on the back.

I would wear that with pride.

Dave

Coffee has been splurted.  I did not see that coming, and laughed so very hard!

ROS, what's your dog's name?  I need names to go with these adorable faces Smile  And girl, count me in as a cheese lover.  I eat vegetarian almost all the time unless I'm at home because it's just easier for me, and I don't really like milk.  But I will not give up cheese.  I actually like a lot of the fake meats (Docket, I have crumbles, plus a bunch of other chik'n, spork, etc. in my freezer at all times), but fake cheese is a no-go.  And I go through a frightful number of eggs every week.

DavePNW

Coffee has been splurted.  

Seems this has happened here before. I think it should be our goal to make you spew coffee every day.

Dave

LRB

I printed my certificate for Detroit the first time I ran it but have no idea where it is now (like everything else running related, it meant something to me at that time). Boston does provide one and its included in their magazine, but being a personal worst, I mostly shuddered when I looked at it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Random question:  I (and Docket, presumably) just got an e-mail saying our Space Coast finisher certificates are available for free download.  Do people actually print these things?  I have literally never printed one.

Yeap, got it and sometimes receive those emails from other racers.  But never have printed one either.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have a fancy, signed certificate from the NCR marathon last year. Complete with calligraphy. It's hanging in our bathroom along with other certificates and various diplomas.

I have a fancy, signed certificate from the NCR marathon last year. Complete with calligraphy. It's hanging in our bathroom along with other certificates and various diplomas.

I love that you display diplomas in your bathroom.  That's amazing.

delicate flower

It's always nice to have reading material in the bathroom.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

DH' got the idea from his parents, who also have diplomas in the bathroom, joke being the degrees aren't worth shit.

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's always nice to have reading material in the bathroom.

DH built a bookshelf for the bathroom floor to hold the other reading material.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Diplomas in the bathroom?  Wait, what?

Your cutey for the day.  He has not done anything but sleep ever since I gave him his dose of antibiotics:

Damaris

KCRuns

Run commute day.  I almost didn't run to work because I got up late and didn't have time for the 4.5-5 miles I wanted so I was going to wait and go the gym during lunch.  But I reminded myself that the point of this is to develop new habits and it didn't matter if I only had time for 2.5 miles, it was the running to work part that mattered.  Once I build the habit, then I can adjust the time and miles.

So I did it and got my 2.5 miles. And it was the first time in 6 weeks that my hip didn't complain at all during or after the run.  I'm still going to keep things easy for a few more days to be sure, but I can finally see the light at the end of the hip flexor pain tunnel.

JayB, I did something to my hip flexor about 6 weeks ago.  I took off a full week and then started running again, but kept everything short and very easy, even taking some preemptive walk breaks in that first week back.  I plateaued at about 90-95% better for nearly a month and am just now seeing some vast improvement as I approach the 6 week mark.  A lot will depend on the severity of your injury, but don't rush it, especially if you have big goals for next year.

DavePNW

DH built a bookshelf for the bathroom floor to hold the other reading material.

Was this built before smartphones and tablets existed?

Dave