Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies have to start sometime. (Read 35 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 27 miles on another 60° morning. The first half was in moderate rain, and the second half was just as sloppy wet.  It was a fine way to spend a couple of hours before anyone much was stirring.  Fish tacos and chips/salsa are next on my agenda.

Have a great day everyone!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Hey PR, thanks for starting the dailies. We're all a bunch of slackers when you're not around.

Ran a shorter, more dynamic LR today

About 3 miles WU

~1.6miles@T for some leg fatigue up front

jog + water/bathroom break

2x5km@MP , 1 km jog in between

jog + water break

return home (3 miles-ish @ 7:00-7:15)

LRB

I ran 7.

It pretty much sucked...no, it sucked. lol

RunningOnSand

Hey gang!

I ran the Mesa-Phx HM today and scored a major PR!!!! Last PR was last Oct at a 2:01 (down from 2:05). This race was a 1:54:25!!!!! I am elated. Cried like a big baby at the end, and then devoured the most delicious french toast on this green earth (thank you, race director, for coordinating that!). They also had a TON of massage therapists at the end, so I scored myself a 10-15min long massage! It was perfect. I had to laugh at Docket, Dave & Whiskers (was there anyone else?) for the "kill me now" comment, as my alarm went off at 2:50am for this morning's race, and I was having similar feelings. *yawn* I see a nap in my future! Can't wait to hear about everyone else's runs and races!

DavePNW

5 miles. First run >30 degrees this week = first run in shorts.

Dave

zzyzx

15 k is next week so I needed to run at least 8 and I needed to run some hills. Well that was the plan at least. Huge wet flakes pouring down when I left. It was actually sticking at the top of the first hill so I didn't run up the last few extra uphill blocks and changed plans. I had to duck into a grocery store to grab some napkins to clear my glasses at one point but it finally eased up for a while. I added a second hill but then the rain started. That inspired me to run down and up a hill but my hand were feeling it and I wasn't sure how much further I could go. At mile 7, I decided to go back down the earlier hill and then figure out how to get close to 9 from there...

...well then it started to hail so 8.1 miles had to suffice as I ducked into a gas station to warm up. Of course the sun was out on my walk home so I first ran a bit of the uphill and then I decided to run the last mile.

run 1: 8.1 at 8:49

run 2: 1 at 9:14

Not epic but i think I can potentially finish the Hot Chocolate at under a 9 minute pace next week.

Cyberic

Great job on the huge PR RunningOnSand! I'm not big on massages, myself, but glad you enjoyed yours.

zzyzx

Yes, great job runningonsand!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Great job ROS!

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey gang!

I ran the Mesa-Phx HM today and scored a major PR!!!! Last PR was last Oct at a 2:01 (down from 2:05). This race was a 1:54:25!!!!! I am elated. Cried like a big baby at the end, and then devoured the most delicious french toast on this green earth (thank you, race director, for coordinating that!).

That's how it's done!  Great job, ROS!

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

I raced today.  1:34:15 in sunny Georgia.  Temp was 65 with clear skies at the start, and warmed up to "fuck this shit" during the race.  Considering the heat, I'll consider this a win.  Speaking of wins, I won my AG and was 11 OA.  It was a small race...I am guessing 200 overall and maybe a dozen in my AG.  There were a lot more people in the 5K and 10K, the latter of which started 15 minutes after the HM so I spent the last few miles of my race passing them.  Plenty of room on the closed highway though.

For the record, mapmyrun said it'd be 150' of elevation gain.  I should know better than to trust that shitbag site.  Mile splits reflect elevation profile and rising temps.  

Sitting at the Atlanta airport now, looking forward to getting home.

<3

Cyberic

Great job Baboon! I would melt in those temps in February. 1st AG is always good, too!

Runshortii

ROS nice PR!! And great job Baboon, running in heat sucks.

I ran 13. It's a cutback week for me. Marathon is 10 weeks away  that snuck up fast

GinnyinPA

ROS - congratulations on the huge PR

Baboon - nice work on the AG win, especially since you aren't used to the heat ATM.

Dreary drizzly day here, so I did 5.5 on the TM. I'm hoping it clears up for my LR tomorrow.

DavePNW

Marathon is 10 9 weeks away  that snuck up fast

OMG yes.

Dave