Beginners and Beyond

TuesDailies (Read 34 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Absolutely beautiful running weather here in NJ.  I don't know how long it can last, but I'll take it while I can.  I was out the door around 5:30 and the thermometer was struggling to hit 50.  I went down to the track and ran 400m run (2:04) / 400, jog (3:08) x 10.  All the runs were +/- 2 seconds of the goal time, which is between my 5k and 10k paces.  I'm really a cold weather runner, so I was feeling strong and thought about doing another 2, but I did 8 last week and figured I should stick to the plan of slowly increasing distance rather than risking injury.  On the way home, in a soaked shirt, I was borderline cold when running some of the shadier streets.  I'm even gettting used to doing the run back home in the speed shoes.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have Pilates and 7 miles tonight.

Nice run, Fred!

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 40 miles of smiles.  It was in the high 60s and muggy as hell, which is excellent pedaling weather.  Tomorrow is a run day with intervals, and that excites me a little.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

Decided to pretend my leg doesn't hurt and ran 6.5 -- surprisingly, pretending it doesn't hurt doesn't actually make it not hurt.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

'Morning.  I had a rare terrible night of sleep thanks to barking dogs in the neighborhood all damn night.  All day meeting today will be a challenge.  Off-road triathlon tonight

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning! Sorry for the extended absence. Weekends are really tough for me to hop on here. Is there an app or something that I don't know about?

Fred...enjoy it while it lasts! Nice job on the workout and hitting your paces.

Docket...hope the run and pilates go well.

Pleasant...Funny, most of us are usually imbued with a sense of dread over that workout lol. Nice ride today.

Baboon...Ugh, barking dogs! So annoying when people can't bring them inside. The off road thing sounds fun - enjoy.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

'Morning.  I had a rare terrible night of sleep thanks to barking dogs in the neighborhood all damn night.  All day meeting today will be a challenge.  Off-road triathlon tonight

Congrats on the new 5k PR and breaking 19! Splits and effort looked awesome - you definitely held that HR high. Think where that PR could go on some rested legs 

KCRuns

miles of smiles

That's how every day should start!  Nice job!

We had company over on Sunday for DH's birthday dinner.  I had time to squeeze in 4 miles beforehand.  And I ran 8 yesterday.  I took the day off yesterday to hang out with DH and we finally watched Avengers.  I am not happy with the ending and we've been discussing ways that could all not be permanent.

I have a client in today and afternoon meetings, but I'm hoping to be able to go to the gym during lunch if I can get caught up this morning from being out Friday and yesterday.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Saw the discussion of the Shawshank movie from over the weekend, thought I should throw this out there:

I worked timing the Shawshank Hustle on Saturday, which is held at the Manfield Reformatory (changed to Ohio State Reformatory). This is the now defunct prison where many of the movie scenes were filmed. It used to be the site of the iconic tree, but lightning took it about 5 years back. The preservation society is using tours and other things to restore the prison to its original glory, and it's really quite impressive.

It's a 7k race, and is put on by the Akron Marathon race director (who is one of my original running buddies, and someone that really has a passion for running and putting on great events).

Anyway, next year is the 25th anniversary of the movie, and there is a $500k budget for associated events and the race. The plan is to bring in at least one main actor from the movie, with the initial indications that it will be Morgan Freeman. So, if any of you are into this kind of thing and would like to come say hi next year (I'll either be timing again or on the pace team for the race), put it on your calendars!

Okay, sorry for the long PSA.

Cyberic

RCD

sdWhiskers

6.4 miles this morning. Felt like throwing in some faster paces so did a ladder 4-3-2-1-3-2-1 (with 2 min recov). Felt good and like I haven't lost all my speed in a week or so.

It is no longer cool outside at 530am.

My little man starts kindergarten in Aug (yay!) but we were wait-listed on the only 2 options for before/after care (ahh!) for the past 6 weeks. His school's hours are 8-2:20 4 days then 8-noon on Thursdays. WTF do you do if both parents work?? Finally got the call that there's a spot and that I must come in to fill out paperwork, etc today at the convenient time of 2pm. Huge relief though because otherwise we'd have to hire someone to take him to school and pick him up. My work hours are usually 7-5pm which apparently is not compatible with a school schedule.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Anyway, next year is the 25th anniversary of the movie, and there is a $500k budget for associated events and the race. The plan is to bring in at least one main actor from the movie, with the initial indications that it will be Morgan Freeman. So, if any of you are into this kind of thing and would like to come say hi next year (I'll either be timing again or on the pace team for the race), put it on your calendars!

That's really cool!  Love the movie and I had no idea that the actual prison was in Ohio.  If I'm in the neighborhood....

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

onemile

Anyway, next year is the 25th anniversary of the movie, and there is a $500k budget for associated events and the race. The plan is to bring in at least one main actor from the movie, with the initial indications that it will be Morgan Freeman. 

Oh he will have fun eyeing up the ladies in their short shorts and running bras.

Cyberic

Oh he will have fun eyeing up the ladies in their short shorts and running bras.

Creep. I would never do that.

onemile

Creep. I would never do that.

lol