Beginners and Beyond

Totally Lazy Tuesdailies! (Read 39 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

NO MRI??

He will decide on Tuesday after he sees my Xrays. Tuesday is my next appointment with him and the first one after today that I could get. Regardless if it was peroneal tendon or stress fracture he said he'd tell me immobilize and rest. So rest I am Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, no need for the MRI if shown on the X-Ray.  I guess she is waiting to see if it's noticeable there before sending you for the MRI.  Good luck!

Damaris

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

He will decide on Tuesday after he sees my Xrays. Tuesday is my next appointment with him and the first one after today that I could get. Regardless if it was peroneal tendon or stress fracture he said he'd tell me immobilize and rest. So rest I am Sad

My xrays were always instantaneous - did you have to go to another office to get them done?

And xrays won't show sfx or tendon issues so I say WHY WAIT?!

WAITING SUCKS!!

StepbyStep-SH

Oh, Kristin! Sad  If it doesn't show a stress fracture, talk to MothAudio. I think it is his cuboid bone that has been giving him problems off and on for a while, but he has some things he does to control it and get back on track when it acts up.

For me, Diagnosis: Separated rib. Prescription: NSAIDs for pain and inflammation and "relative rest" - aka, if it hurts, don't do it. If it isn't too bad, go ahead. His example was "If running 2 miles feels OK, but running 4 hurts like crazy, only run 2." (For me, last week, the difference was that 6-8 miles was OK, 18 made the next day miserable, but I didn't tell him that. )He said separated ribs typically take about 4 weeks to heal, so I probably have 2-3 weeks to go before I'm pain-free and 100%. It does feel better today than yesterday, so I'll probably try for a short run tomorrow.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

Geez, the dailies are turning into the injury thread!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, Kristin! Sad  If it doesn't show a stress fracture, talk to MothAudio. I think it is his cuboid bone that has been giving him problems off and on for a while, but he has some things he does to control it and get back on track when it acts up.

For me, Diagnosis: Separated rib. Prescription: NSAIDs for pain and inflammation and "relative rest" - aka, if it hurts, don't do it. If it isn't too bad, go ahead. His example was "If running 2 miles feels OK, but running 4 hurts like crazy, only run 2." (For me, last week, the difference was that 6-8 miles was OK, 18 made the next day miserable, but I didn't tell him that. )He said separated ribs typically take about 4 weeks to heal, so I probably have 2-3 weeks to go. It does feel better today than yesterday, so I'll probably try for a short run tomorrow.

Ouch.  My rib was out of place and it was painful as hell, I cannot imagine the pain of a separated rib!

Damaris

Zelanie

Oski- I built my 60-mile week based on the fact that 8-milers have become sort of my "bread and butter" run, so I tried to keep those and then pad my mileage without adding too much stress.  Also, I'm not used to morning running at all and am a bit of a wimp about it.  So...

M: AM- 2, PM- 8

T: AM- 2, PM- 8

W: AM- 2

Th: AM- 2, PM- 2.5 ("warmup" for social run), 5.5 (social run)

F: AM- 2, PM 8

Sat- 8

Sun- 10

My doubles sort of fell apart with the snowstorm, hehe.  I could not bring myself to wade through snow just to run on the TM twice in one day, hehe!

Kristin- So sorry!  I am glad that you went in and got the foot stabilized quickly!

Step- Sounds like you will be feeling better soon!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

BOO HISS

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

DavePNW

So I ran my first 60-mile week last week. Smile  

WOW, nice! Make your log public so we can see how you did it! Wink

MTA: I should have read on, now I see it. But make your log public anyway!

Dave

DavePNW

I have mad respect for all you cold-weather runners.  It's 24 degrees out and I'm headed straight to the TM for my miles today.

No respect for me today. Despite running in single-digit windchills on Sat & Sun, today I bypassed the 0 degree windchill & went for 7 on the treadmill. I think I would have still enjoyed the cold more. On weekdays I run at lunchtime from work, just all the bundling up is more of a PITA than usual, when changing in a bathroom stall. Joking No major problem with cold, but snow/ice can be problematic (as others have said).

Dave

Zelanie

WOW, nice! Make your log public so we can see how you did it! Wink

MTA: I should have read on, now I see it. But make your log public anyway!

Dave- My log will be public once the 2013 playoffs are over.  And then everyone will be able to see how ridiculously slowly I've been running to get my miles in! Blush

TM vs. cold is a tough call.  I ran outside for 18 degrees, but since then it's been too icy.  I have no idea what single-digits would feel like.

Hip Redux

Oski- I built my 60-mile week based on the fact that 8-milers have become sort of my "bread and butter" run, so I tried to keep those and then pad my mileage without adding too much stress.  Also, I'm not used to morning running at all and am a bit of a wimp about it.  So...

M: AM- 2, PM- 8

T: AM- 2, PM- 8

W: AM- 2

Th: AM- 2, PM- 2.5 ("warmup" for social run), 5.5 (social run)

F: AM- 2, PM 8

Sat- 8

Sun- 10

Thanks!  Smile

Gym done.  I have a trail run scheduled for tomorrow at lunch and it's in an area where I'm not really sure of the trails (got lost last time.  Hell, I get lost on trails I DO know.)  It's a quiet spot, so I'm hoping someone breaks trail for me before tomorrow otherwise I may be lost wandering in the snowy woods. lol

StepbyStep-SH

Thanks!  Smile

Gym done.  I have a trail run scheduled for tomorrow at lunch and it's in an area where I'm not really sure of the trails (got lost last time.  Hell, I get lost on trails I DO know.)  It's a quiet spot, so I'm hoping someone breaks trail for me before tomorrow otherwise I may be lost wandering in the snowy woods. lol

One advantage to breaking your own trail is that you can always turn around and follow it back to the beginning. Smile

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!!

1.7 miles today....

...... walking, that is!

Knee is feeling great, but I don't want to jinx it. I will be walking a little longer each day, up to about 2.5 miles a day, 3 times a week. I plan to do a little 2 mile jog while I'm in Jacksonville for Christmas week. We'll see how that feels.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hip Redux

One advantage to breaking your own trail is that you can always turn around and follow it back to the beginning. Smile

That's remarkably smart. lol