Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins are seeing stars! (Read 20 times)

Amazonian Princess

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I can. I will. I am. 

Amazonian Princess

Getting ready for my 10k this morning - not racing it but not cruising it either 

Way busy week at work, but of note I met Chef Jet Tila who shot a quick happy anniversary video for me and Mr. Bacon (it was 14 years on Wednesday).

Since DH and I have been together, we've also met Alton Brown, Bruce Campbell, and Penn & Teller. Which celebrities have you rubbed elbows with?

I can. I will. I am. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 miles later.

Baconista, good luck on the race.

Damaris

Zelanie

Um, does Arlo Guthrie even count?

We are down in Ashland for the Shakespeare festival, so two plays for me today and no running. Last night it was Count of Monte Cristo under the smoke-filled sky. Not Shakespeare,  but still fun. It might have rained enough last night to clear the smoke out (and maybe help with the fires), so we'll see.

Today it's Pericles and Antony and Cleopatra.

Bacon- Happy anniversary  and enjoy the race!

D- Enjoy the miles! Seems like you're having a good week!  Training plan agreeing with you?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope you had a good 10K Bacon.

Enjoy the 7, D.

Zel, hope the smoke is gone for good.

It has been raining all morning here, so we might take an URD/Walk and do a longer run tomorrow.  Otherwise a quiet weekend.  Maybe we will take a beer run instead.

PADRunner

5k this morning 30:51 good enough for 3rd ag this morning.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Baconista, I hope your race went well.  As far as celebrities go:  I've met Matthew Broderick, Audra McDonald, random congressmen when I was an intern on Capitol Hill 30 years ago, Ann Richards when she was governor of TX...I think that's it.

Zel, I've wanted to go to Ashland for years...one day I will get there.

PAD, congratulations!!!

Damaris, have a good 7.

Jerry, have a good weekend of rest, running, beer, whatever you decide.

12.8 done for me this morning - longest run since LA Marathon in March, and my last long run before the Ventura Half Marathon in 2 weeks.   Hot and tired right now.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Um, does Arlo Guthrie even count?

We are down in Ashland for the Shakespeare festival, so two plays for me today and no running. Last night it was Count of Monte Cristo under the smoke-filled sky. Not Shakespeare,  but still fun. It might have rained enough last night to clear the smoke out (and maybe help with the fires), so we'll see.

Today it's Pericles and Antony and Cleopatra.

Bacon- Happy anniversary  and enjoy the race!

D- Enjoy the miles! Seems like you're having a good week!  Training plan agreeing with you?

Yeap.  4 weeks in and it's going better than Paris.  If only my lungs cooperate on race day....

Damaris

From the Internet.

90 minutes in the pool and THEN I RAN A MILE AND A HALF!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin It was delightful. Walked and stood a ton at yesterday's concert (7 hours at the concert itself, plus tailgating/exploring beforehand) and my toe was totally fine so I figured I'd just go for it after I walked the first mile today. Stopped at 1.5 because I didn't feel like having to take even more time off from doing too much too soon. SO happy, and sweaty! Big grin

hog4life

Lauren, congrats on the short run.

Bacon, hope your 10k went as planned. Celebrities?  Met a couple of the Duck Dynasty guys and their wives at an outdoor expo, met the lead singer from the band Kansas. Kind of boring here in the south, lol.

I had another good LR of 18.4 at 9:26 pace. If my wheels don't fall off over the next few weeks, I should have a good Half on Sept 12, and hoping that carries over the the Detroit Full.

Brilliant

Brush with greatness - my daughter and me with Audra McDonald.  I have no idea why I have the "Who are you and why are you taking my picture?" look.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Today is the start of my 5th year as a runner.  Hoping year 5 is more productive than year 4 was.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Brilliant

Today is the start of my 5th year as a runner.  Hoping year 5 is more productive than year 4 was.

Congrats!  You are exactly 1 week behind me!  I hope you have a good year.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay, Lauren.

Brilliant, nice picture.

Damaris

hog4life

I got an easy 8 mile recovery run right after the rain stopped.