Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins don't mean to brag, don't mean to boast (Read 22 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

We're like almond butter on our breakfast toast English muffin. Smile

Enjoy the day, folks!  Lots of reading catch up to do around here!  Plus I will run 8ish at some point later.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Zel and Pens.  3 planned for this afternoon.  Tapering again.

How Is your recovery, Ginny?

tracilynn

Morning pengs

I was wondering about ginny too.

~~~~~~~

Traci

PADRunner

Morning, 10 done this morning. Maybe some kind of cross/weights later.

hog4life

I've been MIA for a 43 mile jog and will work on getting up some sort of RR and some pics. I have a lot of reading to do too. This is definitely a rest day and sleeping. Back on night shift.

GinnyinPA

Mitch - 43 miles!  Yikes!  Congratulations on finishing that ultra.

Z - enjoy your eight later.

Jerry - three is easy.  Have fun. Where is your half this week?

Hi Traci!

PAD - 19 plus weights?  That's ambitious.  Are you ready for another marathon already?

AFM:  Legs are still screaming.  I can walk, sort of, but standing up takes a lot of work.  I don't think it was the miles as much as the hills.  I've never had issues with my quads before, so this is a brand new pain.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all!

Congrats * 1000 Ginny!

Rest day for me.  I'll try to do a bit of yoga and stretching today and maybe walk the dog a bit extra but no running for me.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

Mitch - 43 miles!  Yikes!  Congratulations on finishing that ultra.

Z - enjoy your eight later.

Jerry - three is easy.  Have fun. Where is your half this week?

Hi Traci!

PAD - 19 plus weights?  That's ambitious.  Are you ready for another marathon already?

AFM:  Legs are still screaming.  I can walk, sort of, but standing up takes a lot of work.  I don't think it was the miles as much as the hills.  I've never had issues with my quads before, so this is a brand new pain.

Oops typo, should be 10.

LRB

We're like almond butter on our breakfast toast English muffin. Smile

Cool points for that. Of course now that song will be in my head all day. lol

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

Congrats Ginny!

Congrats Mitch, looking forward to the RR!

Almost typed rest day, lol, that's the kind of day my brain is having. I in fact woke up early and ran 5 easy this AM, guess I have been putting in enough miles lately that I can totally forget about a 5 mile run a few hours after the fact, haha Smile Scary long tempo planned for tomorrow, ~11 with 8 at HMP.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!!  I had my second PT appointment, and she's added two new exercises, so I expect even more  severe cases of jelly-legs in my future.  It's all good.  Then I got to work where it was massively hot in my lab (100 degrees) -- turns out my secondary air handler is slap broken.  Facilities Management is going to order parts, and I'm hoping they're in stock.  Long story short, I've shut down one instrument completely, closed my lab to samples, and I have all the doors open and a fan going (which isn't good for the instruments either, really, all that dust and pollen).  Just trying to get the temps below 90 degrees.  I feel like Damaris!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Zel and Jerry, enjoy the running later.

Mitch, great pics on FB, can't wait to read the whole report.

HopesMom, I hope you are getting good results from your PT.

Ginny, sorry your legs are trashed - take it easy today, you deserve it.

Jill, enjoy the rest!

Lauren, you can eat 5 miles for breakfast!!!

PAD, nice running.

Good morning, Traci and LRB!

8.25 miles done this morning.  We are under another wind advisory.  Lots of warm dry gusty wind out there; it was pretty unpleasant (dust in my eyes and throat)  but I got it done.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  Not sure how I missed this thread.  I have 6-7 miles tonight, not sure where (outside or inside).  It's hot again.  Not as 103F hot like yesterday, but hot.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3 races done over Saturday and Sunday.  My reports are on the front page somewhere.  Definitely check out the Fiesta Fandango report, that was a Fiesta run and a lot of fun, with costumes, drinks, etc.  So much fun, I got carried away and took over 100 photos for that one!

After my last race on Sunday morning, I got home and then mowed the lawn.  I took a long nap after that, lol.  Today is a rest day.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt